Quick launch bar buttons change after flash/root

toppknott

Sep 14, 2011
I flashed/rooted my gtab and got marketplace up and running. Everything seems to running good except my quick launch tabs changed. I went from having 5 tabs to having only 3 tabs one being a useless phone tab. I would like to know how to change back to the original 5 tabs.
Thanks in advance.
Topp

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite using Android Tablet Forum

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Tabs?.. do you mean quick launch icons at the bottom? If so i suggest using a custom launcher such as Launcher Pro, ADW, or Go launcher. They give you multiple configurations of number of homescreens and or quick launch icons through multiple "docks". I use Launcer Pro Plus (paid version) because it allows up to 7 home screens and 3 docks with 5 quick launch on each dock that are scrollable and independant of the home screens.. plus the "Plus " paid version has unique customizable/skinable widgets for facebook, twitter and several other types of commonly used programs. Or if you like the current launcher/home you have try Circle launcher. It gives you the option to have one icon/widget on the screen that you can custom add several applications to. when you hit the Icon it brings the list to the foreground. The free version only alows you to create a circualr pattern but the paid version gives options for horivontal and verticle lists. As well as the ability top assign custom icons for the widget it's self.

Edit:.. it just dawned on me.. But what Rom are you running.. Alot of the custom roms that are avaiable already have a custom launcer on them.. if you hit the menus button and have a "prefferences" option on the menue that coemsws up you may have Launcher pro built in.. if the rom has ADW you'll find the ADW setting in the settings menu.. either of these will alow you to make changes in the manner you like. What happens when you press and hold one of the quick launch icons? does it give you options to replace the icon/application?

Last edited:

toppknott

Sep 14, 2011
Thanks Sw the launcher pro was excatly what I wanted!

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite using Android Tablet Forum