QVC/Big Lots 7" reader Error installing..Kindle could not be installed on this phone?

cdclocks

Nov 20, 2011
I've tried several apk files on the sd card, but NONE of them will install. I tap the file. It says installing... then pops up with "Application not installed ApplicationName could not be installed on this phone." ...uh, phone?

ApplicationName, is, of course, whatever I've tried to install. Really, if I could just get the Kindle reader on this thing, it would serve its purpose. I even tried older versions of Kindle from freewarelovers.com. Not even the oldest of the apk files will install Kindle.

Is there something I need to unlock on this thing? I've already gone to Settings>Applications and allowed Unknown sources. I think it's running Android 2.2?

Help?

Knightbird

Nov 20, 2011
CDClocks, Your unit is running Android 1.5 (Cupcake). I too am hoping someone will come up with at LEAST an Android 2.1 firmware for this.. You may need to find the APKInstaller app. google it. It should allow you to install any app compatible with 1.5.

cdclocks

Nov 20, 2011
Thanks, Knightbird. That makes my decision for me.

Pandigital has already told me that the device has the latest firmware version on it, and that they can't help me with third party apps like Kindle. So... back it goes. (sigh). I had higher hopes for that device. :)

Thanks anyway for the info and the help! If nothing else positive comes from the experience, finding this forum is a definite plus. :)