Radio Apps

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Anyone using any? So far I've tried:

Radio.com: Useless. Installs fine, runs fine, but the severe stuttering makes it useless.
ScannerRadio: Great if you enjoy listening to police scanners, ham radio, and the like. Runs fine, and the sound is clear.
TuneIn Radio:Works great. Lots of stations to choose from.
SirusXM: Useless. Installs fine, lets me log in (yes I am a subscriber) but just sits on "Checking for Updates" until you shut it down. It would annoy me, but I have it on my BlackBerry and it works perfectly. I am guessing for some reason they decided to lock out WiFi users and only allow 3G to use the app.

Jimbotronics

Jan 11, 2011
Pandora is my favorite, on both PCs and my Coby, unless I want to find a specific show, in which case I rely on TuneIn Radio. With the supplied earbuds, everything sounds GREAT!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i (ab)use my rhapsody to go subscription.. no commercials, no forced randomness :)
pandora is good for digging for those obscure folk metal bands that I've not heard yet.

M in KC

Jan 12, 2011
TuneIn Radio FTW! Although somehow I lost my NOAA weather station preset the other night but all my other presets remained. Dunno

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
the Win Amp app does shouctcast streaming for many radio stations..works great on my droidX... has anyone tried it on the Kyros?.. i took my Coby back,or i would try it... i found a Archos101 for the same cost on craigslist...

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I've only really tried the Pandora Radio app but it performs just great on my Kyros. Are there too many other apps running in the background? Have you tried a task killer?

Sent from my MID7015

Phishhead

Jan 2, 2011
the Win Amp app does shouctcast streaming for many radio stations..works great on my droidX... has anyone tried it on the Kyros?.. i took my Coby back,or i would try it... i found a Archos101 for the same cost on craigslist...

for some reason shout cast is not on the winamp app when installed on the coby. Not that it doesnt work the button is missing.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
hmmmm.. it's on my DX ... hit the little lightingbolt icon in the lower left.. then it bring up a dialouge of buttons to select.. on my DX the shoutcast option is at bottom right

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
:eek:opps.. my other right.... sorry man dyslexia kicking my but.. it the lower left is where the shoutcast selectable is at....:eek::eek::eek:

Phishhead

Jan 2, 2011
sorry still nothing. playlist is on the bottom left. anyone with the 7015 confirm? I thought I was blind and went through every screen and setting. even RTFM.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I use Last.fm. Same account streaming for my xboxes, psp, cell phone, desktop computer and netbook.

I like being able to keep the same playlists without constant editing. :)

The app works great on my Coby.

Sent from my MID7015

bob_alou

Nov 21, 2011

Where did you get Pandora. Not in the appslib and when I installed it from the website nothing gets installed, that I can find, yet if I go back the the website the button to install now says Installed.

1goodidea

Nov 13, 2011
TuneIn is great. Has saved me when away from tv coverage for live sport (Rugby Union if you must know) plenty of times. Just have the stations in favourites, fire it up (even on quite dodgy connections) and keep up with the score.