RAM For ICS?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by HaLes297, Jul 1, 2018.

1. HaLes297

HaLes297 Junior Member

Hello, i have a question, about the RAM for ICS

Im new to Android and have no clue! But a complete Geek in Windows Computers

1) E.g Windows 7 takes around 2gb RAM to run smoothly - How much does ICS need?

2) When Windows is simply turned on Nothing running Out of 2GB you can see that 800mb ish is used ----- If i just turn on ICS how much does it use? With no apps running?

3) When i use open Chrome, Youtube, and BBC - Windows RAM goes to 1gb/2gb --- If i open up Youtube and a Tab BBC how much RAM is used up?

Thank You, sorry its hard to understand but if you need more info reply back.

2. Traveller

Traveller Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID9742, Lenovo Tab 4 (8"), numerous phones
    RAM in Android functions somewhat differently from Windows. Read the following link: RAM: What it is and when do you need more?

One last thing: Android 4.x is some six years out of date, and many apps will no longer be updated for it. You would be wise to do yourself a favor to get a newer tablet. Not only will a newer tablet have more RAM, its processor will also be significantly faster than the Android 4.x tablet. Tablets from that time period generally had a single core with a 1GHz clock rate while modern tablets will have four cores at about 1.5GHz.

• Like Like x 1