Ram Upgrade? ~ VIA 8650

manojsuper

Apr 5, 2011
I tested the new Cutsom Rom and it is amazing!!!

Is it possible to upgrade the ram using a regular ram card? I noticed that someone in this forum subsection told that it fits properly...does it work? Would it be worth the risk to open the tablet and to upgrade the ram?

Thanks! :cool:

jrizal

May 25, 2011
I tested the new Cutsom Rom and it is amazing!!!

Is it possible to upgrade the ram using a regular ram card? I noticed that someone in this forum subsection told that it fits properly...does it work? Would it be worth the risk to open the tablet and to upgrade the ram?

Thanks! :cool:

Wouldn't it be much easier just to insert an SD card?

albertgusti

Oct 31, 2011
Hey, hey,hey...
Anyone can help me? My RAM is 512MB (Original) but only detected 203MB with Android Booster
I flash my tablet into Uberoid 9.1.1 then my RAM only 203MB detected, but before i flash my tablet the RAM is 500MB!
Free memory only 60MB
this thing make me crazy :confused::confused::confused:

Nov 1, 2011
etake a look at the text files in uberiod, you have to modify alot of them to make your device right uberoid is a template as far as i can tell, you can replace the android2.2-froyo.tgz on the stock rom and add the following linked file to root WM8650_enable_root.tgz - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

this ensures you get your hardware all working and to stock specs
also the question about the ram... its possible but be carefull! you have to solder on your mainboard!
also NAND upgrades are possible but none of that is for the faint of heart!

Nov 1, 2011
etake a look at the text files in uberiod, you have to modify alot of them to make your device right uberoid is a template as far as i can tell, you can replace the android2.2-froyo.tgz on the stock rom and add the following linked file to root WM8650_enable_root.tgz - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

this ensures you get your hardware all working and to stock specs
also the question about the ram... its possible but be carefull! you have to solder on your mainboard!
also NAND upgrades are possible but none of that is for the faint of heart!

the manufacturers of these tablets uses spare parts (or so it looks) maybe just cheap parts. In theory it is completly possible however i have noticed that the nand and ram on my tablet are the same chip!!!!!!!! this means not only modifying the hardware but also the bootloader/partition map this takes precision patience and is not easy for a noob. check your tablet b4 you even try to attempt this, you will need more that sufficient hardware specs to complete this project (which i can guarentee you the manufacturer will no oblige to give away for free.) HOWEVER, if you understand the hardware, and software this is easy for a pro.NONE of the ram on these tablets is as advertised (ddr2, ddr3) it is on the nand or separate chip.