RAmos W17 Pro or Ainol Elf II or Ainol Aurora II?

corgi1

Apr 26, 2012
I am ready to purchase a 7" tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich. I have been waiting for either the new Ainol Elf II or Aurora II to become available. I saw today that the RAmos W17 Pro is now available and I am thinking about getting it instead. What do you think? Is the W17 Pro comparable to the Elf II or Aurora II?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Tough choice, I like the ainol tabs, ramos is supposed to be dual core. I would let price decide which is best I think. Dual core is good but what of other specs? Do they match up.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Checking specs they seem very close to each other not sure if the ramos is as nice looking as aurora but is that important?
I think id rather have best performing & ramos looks good there.

corgi1

Apr 26, 2012
I agree, I love the look and style of the new Ainol tabs. But the RAmos has better specs, especially with 16GB RAM. I don't like the white color as much as black and it appears that the screen is inset lower than the bezel around the screen. Decisions....decisions...

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
There maybe a different colour option, but it does seem a better tab. I have ips screen & its good, but most capacitive screens are good & for a tab that size I don't think viewing angle is so important.

Blotch

May 3, 2012
I have an original Aurora, which overall I'm pleased with, however the build quality was a bit of a let-down (gap on left side near screen - seems a common problem). I've now ordered a Ramos W17 Pro, which is hopefully on its way to me. The ramos-tablet website now says the W17 pro has no hdmi output, not a show stopper for me, but may be for some!

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Ramos W17pro, Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II and Elf II are close on main specification: 7 inch IPS screen, dual core, and both brands have good reputation. It is tough to choose one from the three, anyway, choose the one you like most.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
You sure about hdmi? I thought it did. Not that major an issue but if its important wait for aurora or elf

Blotch

May 3, 2012
Indeed it does according to redtablet, I will soon find out for sure as I've got one in transit - will be a bonus if it does have hdmi :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
where'd you get from & how much please? I might buy for son

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
That's a good price. Hope its all good news from now on. I don't think i'll be getting the kid one tho'....he don't deserve it!

JustMe21

May 5, 2012
I think the W17 Pro on the ramos-tablet.com is a copycat because it doesn't list IPS and a response indicates it isn't IPS plus the battery is only 3200 mAh, not 5000 mAh

Last edited: