Random musings about my new Kyros 7012

dlraff

Nov 30, 2011
So I've had the 7012 for just a week now, and being completely new to tablets I have some successes and lots of questions.
Installed Market and Amazon Appstore: SUCCESS!
Installed a couple of games, Netflix, Facebook, Pandora: SUCCESS!
Installed Big Buttons Keyboard (a must in my book): SUCCESS!
Questions:
Have played around with different browsers - Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD, Maxthon, Miren. I like Opera Mobile the best, but I don't like the speed dial start page because I can't even see the icons, they're so small. How do you make them so they're readable?
After apps are installed, do you need to keep the apk files, or can they be deleted?
I know I have more questions that I can't think of just now - it's early and I've only had one cup of coffee so far - but any feedback is appreciated!
Lastly, I really love this tablet - it's a lot of fun.
Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Icons in Opera mobile's start page? I don't see any icons, I see page thumbnails. I suggest that you try Ninesky also, better than Dolphin IMO.

Yeah, you can delete the apk's from SD after installing them, but you may want to keep a backup somewhere else.

dlraff

Nov 30, 2011
Thank you. I did mean thumbnails, not icons. They're so small . . . that's the only thing I dislike so far about Opera Mobile.
Will take a look at Ninesky; hadn't heard of that one yet.
I thought the apk's could probably be deleted, but what I plan to do is make a folder on my laptop to keep various files in case I want them again later.

Thanks for your reply.

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
have you installed angry birds? I am thinking of buying a kyros for my son, but want to make sure he can easily play angry birds since he loves it.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Welcome to the board dlraff! Glad you found us and signed up, this is a great place to share info on the coby's MID's. I really am looking forward to getting ours, the MID1125 will be ours soon! :D

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Wait, if they update an app it stops working? Isn't it already on your system independently? Am I understanding that right ResidentEvil? That Google updated Angry Birds Seasons, and it wont work now? So even if you had the app prior to the update it still won't work because the app is connecting to google's updated server through the app? Is this how it works? Sorry for asking, might be a stupid to ask I know, but it's now a burning question in my mind and I need to know. ;)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks ResidentEvil, I appreciate you bringing it up since now hopefully someone will reply about my burning question so I get my head around this. Too bad it doesn't work anymore though, I like the angry birds series. :)

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
All of the Angry Birds games work on my 7022, including Seasons. The only thing I don't like about Seasons is that there are a lot of video ads that interrupt play in the early levels. It's a bit glitchy but it plays smoothly 99 percent of the time.

Dec 12, 2011
Does Netflix work well on the 7012?
I got this for my son without realizing it might not be good for
Netflix. Thanks.

Jason2783

Jan 30, 2012
I've installed Market also, but am unable to achieve search results that include Facebook, Pandora, Netflix, and other popular items I was hoping to use on the Kyros. I have a MID1024. Any thoughts on why these apps aren't coming up in my Market searches? I've downloaded a Chase Bank and Angry Birds Rio app, but for some reason a lot of the apps I wan't, I can't find. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.