Random powering off

MeDavid442

Feb 1, 2012
I'm having the same problem with my a500 randomly shutting down. Both when plugged into AC and when not plugged in. Usually notice after I've left is sitting over night so don't know when it shut down but I have also seen in happen just a few minutes after I've used it.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I'm having the same problem with my a500 randomly shutting down. Both when plugged into AC and when not plugged in. Usually notice after I've left is sitting over night so don't know when it shut down but I have also seen in happen just a few minutes after I've used it.

Sorry you are having so much problem with it happening to your tablet. Did you try any of the suggestions posters said that helped them? Could be a tip out there that will help. Mine hasn't powered off on its own for a long time, but I sure can't tell you why because I don't have a clue. It's one of those phantom problems that shows itself a little differently on each person's tablet. ICS is supposed to be right around the corner and that just might solve your problem. I hope so.