RAW photo viewer/editor

Apr 11, 2011
Fix for the font sizes in the file viewer as well, although that whole portion will be replaced shortly.
Also turned off zoom for Android 2.2 and lower which fixes a common crash for those folks.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2011
I'm noticing some crash reports due to trying to zoom outside the image. I blocked that possibility save for perhaps if you have an image smaller than the resolution of the tablet (perhaps just a crappy thumbnail?). If anyone has seen this, could you please send an email with the image. Thanks guys.

Apr 11, 2011
New release (v1.1):
-Automatic cache management (no more "Remove Thumbnails", yay).
-Fix for zooming "smaller than device resolution" images.
-"Back" now moves up while in the file viewer.

Next release:
-Delete
-Automatic thumbnail unpack
-Threading for speed.

Upcoming:
-Full raw decode
-Image Metadata
-Tag
-Simple editing

Oxize

Jun 2, 2011
Great job on the new version. Fully working here on the Asus Transformer with Sony ARW's. Looking forward to the new functions!

Apr 11, 2011
I'm about to start my cross country trip, so I set up a forum for RawDroid so I could more easily manage it, as well as tap community support since it will be slower to respond for the next three weeks. Please use this site for all support. Thanks guys.

Also there's a model self-report topic in there. So if you've had success (or lack thereof) with a certain model please let me know there.

RawDroid Forum - Index

tonyb15re

Jun 6, 2011
Yah, the small size is unintentional, it is full size on my tablet and emulator test suite. I'll be fixing that as soon as possible. When you say full size conversion what are you referring to?

Scratch my comment, I thought that because you named the file thumb it reduced the size/quality, I just compared this to the Nikon RAW/JPG Conversion, they are roughly the same file size.. Looking forward to the next release with full screen and more features ;)

Triggaaar

Jun 23, 2011
Great to see this app being developed, thanks.

I'm new to tablets, and for me it's all about what I can do with a camera connected, and then the photos. Could someone post a link to any other nice photo apps?
Thanks

kwongwt

Aug 1, 2011
HI rcket, I've just registered because of your app!

I have a problem with my Nikon D300s and D700 with my Acer A500 (Android 3.1, official ROM).

When I connect the cameras to my tablet using USB, RawDroid only reads the JPEG files. I can view and import the JPEGs but RawDroid seems to ignore all the RAWs. Are there any setups needed fot it to view Nikon NEFs?

aLeolady

Aug 14, 2011
Hi, I am new to the world of androids - and like Chest2Tank and the others I am a photographer who shoots in RAW and need a light weight vehicle to download the RAW files from my Canon camera on to a portable 500G hard drive into files I could label - then be able to review the images on screen and delete the really bad ones and rate the others. I mostly travel abroad as a "Travel Photographer" and shoot a lot of images on any one trip (usually 3 weeks in length) - thus weight of the tablet/notebook is a factor - big time. I just purchased a Toshiba Thrive - thinking it would work - well NOT!! - it will not recognize my hard drive and of course there is no software available that will effectively let me do what has to be done. An Android version of Adobe Bridge would be fabulous!!! Enough said - Bubbled 82 - you go guy!!!!!

eelpout

May 10, 2011
is your drive formatted with FAT32? Does it draw too much power from the Thrive, making it necessary to use it with a powered USB hub? As for the software, did you read the entire thread?

Hi, I am new to the world of androids - and like Chest2Tank and the others I am a photographer who shoots in RAW and need a light weight vehicle to download the RAW files from my Canon camera on to a portable 500G hard drive into files I could label - then be able to review the images on screen and delete the really bad ones and rate the others. I mostly travel abroad as a "Travel Photographer" and shoot a lot of images on any one trip (usually 3 weeks in length) - thus weight of the tablet/notebook is a factor - big time. I just purchased a Toshiba Thrive - thinking it would work - well NOT!! - it will not recognize my hard drive and of course there is no software available that will effectively let me do what has to be done. An Android version of Adobe Bridge would be fabulous!!! Enough said - Bubbled 82 - you go guy!!!!!

caketuzz

Sep 17, 2011
Hi guys,

I made another RAW viewer for Android you might be interested in.
It's called RawVision and you can find it here in the Android Market.
There is a demo version too.

$device4_1_.png

So basically, you can view one RAW in full size or zoom in it with pich to zoom, view exifs, and manages files: importation, suppression, JPEG extraction, etc...

I hope you'll like it and every comment and suggestion are welcome.
bye :)

rawpal

Oct 22, 2011
Hi everyone,

One more viewer for raw pictures. It has a very basic importing tool but the best thing is that it can be used as one of the possible actions for images from your favorite filebrowser.
It's name is Rawpal Gallery. You can find it in the market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rawpal.gallery.
I will apreciate any comment or sugestion.

Last edited:

jesneed

Nov 22, 2011
I have an old Canon 10D that takes compact flash. I can copy the files to my Android tablet (Toshiba Thrive) and view them but I can't do it directly. I have a PixelFlash CF to USB coverter that works great with Windows but there is no driver for Android. l can write some code and have been looking for an Android project to cut my teeth on but drivers are a bit over my head I'm afraid.

Has anyone heard that there may be one under development?

Rgx521

Jan 4, 2012
Hello everyone,
I registered mostly so I could say this: THANK YOU rcketscientist!
I would probably have been happy with simply jpg extraction, but I really appreciate how you're doing the real deal here.
Being able to link cr2 files to your app would be great - and of course so would being able to preview the effects of basic adjustments.
In any case, I'll happily express my thankfulness through a purchase if and when you decide to make a payed version available.

Edit: Forgot to add, it's working great on my Asus Transformer TF101, rooted and custom rom'd.
Your efforts mean I now get to evaluate my shots in the field on a 10 inch ips display that's always with me.

Last edited: