RAW photo viewer/editor

Apr 11, 2011
Grr...Google really does not make it easy to connect the GUI to the file system. They fully expect you to know of all resources and include them within the application. I can't believe viewing a few jpgs is turning into such a huge problem. Looks like it'll be another day. My vacation starts Friday, so even if it means not sleeping for the next 72 hours I'll have something by then. So damn close and such a silly hurdle...

AndroidKhan

Apr 26, 2011
Registered just because of this...:)

Would it help you if I launched the aLogcat app in my Samsung Galaxy Tab, then launched a photo viewer app (i.e. Quickpic), interact with it for a while, browsing some jpegs both as thumbnails and full display and then send the aLogcat log listing to you, so you could see how another app deals with the jpegs handling and display?

AK

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2011
Would it help you if I launched the aLogcat app in my Samsung Galaxy Tab

Possibly...the main problem is that I didn't take the easy way out and just have all sdcard images load into the viewer. That's not a problem and it's probably what they're doing. But I want to allow the ability to show only what was just decoded. Android does not have a simple way (or a way at all for that matter) to load images from a single folder. I gotta do it by hand and it's bugging all over the place on me and I've hit no man's land so there's little help out there.

It could get messy to show all images on the sd card but if worse comes to worse for testing purposes I'll get that out there.

Apr 11, 2011
I ran out of time. Good news is i settled to point where I can demonstrate the decode capability. Bad news...there's a memory leak, so we won't be doing full cards anytime soon. Anyone familiar with sideloading that would like to post a guide on the website I'm whipping up real fast? I'm not gonna have time to do a full rundown before I leave.

Quantumcat

Apr 21, 2011
Works on CR2 files from a Canon 7D and XT and decoded on a G2 phone. (Still deciding on which tablet to get)

Quantumcat

Apr 21, 2011
I tested the following on a zenithink zt-180. Was able to take an ATI 8 in 1 card reader/writer(rated for microsoft windows xp) with a usb connection and when connected to my tablet put it into a device "\udisk"
Then using astro file manager i was able to navigate to the folder and look at the jpg files(off of a nikon dslr).
There is an app "adobe photoshop express" don't know if it handles raw files.
used the compact flash portion

Where/how did you enter that /udisk command? I tried entering it from a terminal program and just get a error? Is root needed?