RAW photo viewer/editor

tenoates

Apr 30, 2011
Hi, this is a great effort!
I installed it but so far it can't open Nikon D7000 nef files.
Hope the new releases can. Keep it up!
Thanks

Apr 11, 2011
Hi, this is a great effort!
I installed it but so far it can't open Nikon D7000 nef files.
Hope the new releases can. Keep it up!
Thanks
actually have some wifi here and there. sorry to hear that tenoates. dontforget to email me at the addy on the website with an example image tohelp debugging. i cant work on it for a couple weeks but ill get to it.

cmsajith

May 5, 2011
Thankyou for the app and kudos for your effort.

Can it run in my HTC Tattoo phone? I tried and its not able to open the RAW files from Canon 1000D.

cl191

May 5, 2011
Just signed up for this site (god...that captcha during sign up is annoying as hell) to say thank you for all the work! And I am happy to report that the few combos I tried: 5D MK2, G12 raw files on HTC Evo 4G, Asus Transformer (honeycomb) all seemed to work fine!

mb2k

May 5, 2011
working as advertised on Asus Transformer, CR2 photos from Canon 40D.

re: installing, website suggests to install using ADB. Is there a reason to use this method versus just putting the file on your sdcard and installing it from the tablet?

Tony

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
So, I saw the warning that this app isn't complete. Does it work well enough. Since I bought the Acer A500 I'm learning that the full usb on the tablet opens up so many wonderful opportunities. I can go through all the pics on my point and shoot real easy, without even removing the card. I'm not sure if I would use a raw viewer at work because we don't usually show clients pictures while on shoots. But the option would be awesome.

iceagescrat

May 6, 2011
Registered on this site just for this app and to add input, a camera raw decoder/viewer is what is missing from all Android platforms.

rcketscientist just want to say thanks for all your efforts and keep it up.

Finally just so everyone knows, I tested the app on my Motorola Xoom with .nef files from my Nikon D90 and it decoded them fine!

Cheers,
Scrat

watkinssr

May 10, 2011
Just tested on my Viewsonic G-Tablet (cyanogen 7) and it read files from my Canon 1d mark III. Great job, look forward to the finished product. This will be so useful. I shoot rock concerts, and usually wind up in an all night coffee joint interviewing them. Being able to sort/reject raw files would be a real life saver.

ttni

Apr 26, 2011
Just tested on my Viewsonic G-Tablet (cyanogen 7) and it read files from my Canon 1d mark III. Great job, look forward to the finished product. This will be so useful. I shoot rock concerts, and usually wind up in an all night coffee joint interviewing them. Being able to sort/reject raw files would be a real life saver.
May I ask how you (and others) are reading the pictures from your memory card on your gtablet? The reason I ask is because I'm having problems reading SHDC memory cards. I've tried reading my cards with the USB host via card reader as well as plugging in directly from my camera but they show up as empty in my file managers (Astro, ES, etc.). Regular SD cards (up to 2GB) show up fine. Running Vegan 5.1.1, but also tried with CM7. Please feel free to message me if this is too far off topic.

Looking forward to trying this out, since this is the main reason I got the gtablet! :D

Groan

May 9, 2011
Watching this for use on my Iconia and Nikon d90!

Posted from my Moto Atrix on Tapatalk

cl191

May 5, 2011
I guess I have it easy, I am using an Eye-Fi x2 Pro card. They just released the new firmware that enables you to tether the camera to the Android devices wirelessly.

May I ask how you (and others) are reading the pictures from your memory card on your gtablet? The reason I ask is because I'm having problems reading SHDC memory cards. I've tried reading my cards with the USB host via card reader as well as plugging in directly from my camera but they show up as empty in my file managers (Astro, ES, etc.). Regular SD cards (up to 2GB) show up fine. Running Vegan 5.1.1, but also tried with CM7. Please feel free to message me if this is too far off topic.

Looking forward to trying this out, since this is the main reason I got the gtablet! :D

watkinssr

May 10, 2011

I just copied a few raw files across from my laptop via USB to test. I need to find a card reader that will work with the gtablet so I can try copying rom CF card.

Quantumcat

Apr 21, 2011
This just in from the Android developer website:

Connectivity for USB accessories

Android 3.1 adds broad platform support for a variety of USB-connected peripherals and accessories. Users can attach many types of input devices (keyboards, mice, game controllers) and digital cameras. Applications can build on the platform’s USB support to extend connectivity to almost any type of USB device.

This should make this app even more powerful.