RCA Tablet Has No Sound

annalexa

Jan 20, 2015
My RCA pro 10 stopped producing any sound with or without headphones not on mute, tried factory reset, holding down power and volume button down at the same time, got audio manager app, nothing works I was watching Netflix yesterday with head set then today no sound any help would be greatly appreciated!:(

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you still have sound via the headset, the switch in the headset port is probably stuck in the position that cuts the sound to the speakers. Try plugging/unplugging the headset and/or gently probing the port with a toothpick.

MariahChloe

Sep 7, 2015
My RCA Pro is having trouble with the sound.... I used headphones on it & since then I have no sound....I've tried plugging/unplugging the headphones & I've tried probing the port with a toothpick.... I've tried turning it completely off & still no sound... Any suggestions will be helpful....

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My RCA Pro is having trouble with the sound.... I used headphones on it & since then I have no sound....I've tried plugging/unplugging the headphones & I've tried probing the port with a toothpick.... I've tried turning it completely off & still no sound... Any suggestions will be helpful....
Welcome to the forum

So, you did get sound with the headphones, and without, and now you don't get any sound at all?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I assume you have gone into the sounds/alerts section in setting and double checked all those settings? It's possible the speakers have failed.

djrj

Jan 26, 2016
hi, i have a maven pro 11 that has sound on everything except one movie (.avi) that i downloaded. its weird. i downloaded from external usb, which works on all other computers. but no sound when i play from the usb or when downloaded to tablet. other videos work, online or in storage. the sound does not come out of headphones or speakers, but i can get sound both ways on all other videos....? reminder, the movie plays well on other computers from the usb and downloaded... weird. thanks for any help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

My guess is that it has something to do with the codec used for that file. (at least it's only one). You may want to find a different player that will play AVI files as not all of them do.