Re-appearing Apps?

doodledoo

Aug 15, 2011
Hello,I am new to this forum and Android tablets. I have just purchased a 10.2" Android and need help with deleting apps. I go into settings-applications-manage applications and delete what I want to get rid of and it tells me they have been deleted, but after powering down and powering up the next time I use it these apps have reappeared on the tablet and are fully working? Needless to say I can go back and delete them again and again but they keep coming back after a power down. This cannot be right surely,can anyone help me please? Many thanks.

Last edited:

rickio

May 14, 2011
Pre-installed apps cannot e deleted unless you root system.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

doodledoo

Aug 15, 2011
Sorry, these are not pre-installed apps, these are just apps that I have installed via the market app.

doodledoo

Aug 15, 2011
No takers?

It's going back to the supplier, I only received it yesterday. The supplier thinks it may be a malware issue. What do you guys use to prevent this? Is there an anti-virus/malware program for tablets?

mancsguy

Aug 23, 2011
there is indeed - I bought Trend Micro from PC World - but there are others, and depending on your version there are a couple on the Android Marketplace