? re my SD card in stock Nook color has nothing on it ...Why ?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
I have 2 NC... one rooted and the other not. today got the upgrade on the stock.. but one of the things you can easily see is an icon on tool bar that accesses your SD card.. well .. when I check the card. there is NOTHING on it...

I have added 2full lenght movies, photos, music and books from outside sources on that unit but nothing appears on the card .. apparently everything got dumped into the main unit storage..

Is there something I was suppose to do to the card to make it accessable to load those things on it ? I don't want to use up all the available space on the unit ..

sorry for another DUMB question.....

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Help.. what does mounting an SD card mean ?

obviously I haven't.. heheheh... Instruction please...

it was a fresh card.. I just inserted it into the nook

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Ok found the direction for mounting and so I unmounted and then mounted.. but on a stock NC .. how will I tell it where to save the info.. On my rooted one I can figure that out but is there a way to tell the unit what to do ?? or is that out of my control.
2nd thing I noticed when I connected to the laptop I get 2 new drives .. one says NOOK and the other says G drive.. now just guessing but is the G drive the SD card ?? .
. I never notice that before but may have just been sideloading onto the unit memory vs onto the SD card...???????

sorry for these dumb questions..

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
crenita, not sure what you mean by telling it where to save the info. Maybe you mean downloads thorugh the nook iteself? The nook will plcae books you download automatically. I don't recall the stock functionality but I believe you are very limited since there is no included file explorer for anything else you may be able to download. To access the internal nook memory and yes the "mounted" sd card in the nook you can hook up via usb to your computer.

At that point you will see the two drives you mention, internal memory and the sd card. This is the same as before and you can navigate the files from your pc moving things as you please. Of course the nook is going to look for certain things in certain places by defalut so you may not want to move items such as B&N books that the nook has automatically placed.

JP

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
crenita the one that says NOOK is your internal and the other one (G) is your SD

Ok found the direction for mounting and so I unmounted and then mounted.. but on a stock NC .. how will I tell it where to save the info.. On my rooted one I can figure that out but is there a way to tell the unit what to do ?? or is that out of my control.
2nd thing I noticed when I connected to the laptop I get 2 new drives .. one says NOOK and the other says G drive.. now just guessing but is the G drive the SD card ?? .
. I never notice that before but may have just been sideloading onto the unit memory vs onto the SD card...???????

sorry for these dumb questions..

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
thanks. guys... I know this sounds elementary but I never paid enough attention. just assuming the NOOK drive was refering to my SD card... dumb ... fixed it so I put the movies and music on the SD card .

. dont' know how the space allotment will be handled for the B&N books.. now that there are going to be more enhanced versions of regular books.. I was suprised to see that some what I called reg books are now listed as enhanced.. ..wonder what enhancement they are adding to a work of fiction. ????

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I was suprised to see that some what I called reg books are now listed as enhanced.. ..wonder what enhancement they are adding to a work of fiction. ????

Simulated 12 sided die rolls? ;)