Reading comics on 7015

androidgal

Mar 10, 2011
Hello all, I am new to the Coby Tablets. I decided to jump in and purchase the 7015 instead of waiting for the newer tablets. I think that may have been a mistake. I mainly wanted to be able to read natively my .cbr and .cbz comics on it. JJComics works well for my MyTouch 4G phone, but for some reason I am getting an error about unable to open the file on the Kyros. I would greatly appreciate any help trying to get it to run. I tried Droid Comic Viewer as well, same issue.

It is rooted, and has Clockwork recovery as well.

I did do a search but could not find anything relevant.

Thank you.

RVS78

Feb 24, 2011
Comic reader mobi outperforms those two hands down. I have to turn cbr file to cbz using a cleaner. I just googled for it. Will look for the link and message it to you. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to another forum so I'll fo it that way.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

androidgal

Mar 10, 2011
Thank you. I'll try that. I had hoped not to have to convert as most of my comics are .cbr but if it works, Its better than not being able to read them. Thanks.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I had the opposite problem. I found a few good readers for CBZ and CBR files but for the life of me I could not find a good place to download CBZ or CBR comics. I was able to find one file just to test the reader worked but I uninstalled because I couldn't find more.

Sent from my MID7015

androidgal

Mar 10, 2011
Hello again, I downloaded the cleaner and ran a lot of comics through it and it seemed to be working great... for about 2 days and then stopped... Just realized it now. I am at the hospital with my dad, its late, doctors take long, so I thought I would read comics as we waited... wrong, its corrupting half the page on every comic. I thought maybe they converted wrong so I checked one I had already read fine... it too was messed up. So now I'm getting either corrupted pages or the image could not be displayed. I've done what I could but I'm limited at the moment being in the ER but I factory restored, wiped caches etc. Any ideas, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Mytouch 4G using Android Tablet Forum App

daulphin

Feb 22, 2011
If you're looking for free viewer try Perfect Viewer. U had the same issues and perfect viewer worked the best and pretty customizable. I also think its better maintained then the other apps. Across the board, I think cbz work better then cbr.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App on my 7015