Ready for a tablet - what to get?

chrisnigro

Aug 29, 2011
OK - so, I am a driod user in my phone (Galaxy S). I want a wifi only tablet - 7". I was leaning towards the streak for the size. I just don't think I need a 10". Most importantly i want to confirm that I get droid 3.0 or at least the promise of an upgrade to that OS in the near future.

So, I need advice! Do I want the Streak or is there something better? Or something coming out in the very near future that I should hold out for.

Any help for a rookie??

Thanks!

stevejets85

Aug 29, 2011
Check XDA for custom ROMS, as far as I can tell Dell isn't providing much support for the Streak (don't quote me I may be off base.) If you absolutely need a 7" I would wait for the Amazon tab coming out soon. I have an Iconia a500 10" tab and its near perfection. I know the Asus tablet is pretty budget-friendly and I've read good things.

abarrow

Aug 30, 2011
+1 For the Acer. I was comparing it with the Asus, and even though I'm a huge fan of Asus as a company, t he Acer's build, cameras and ports sold me. If you feel that you need a keyboard, you can get a small (ish) Microsoft bluetooth keyboard on Amazon for $39, compared to $140 for the Acer keyboard.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum