Real flash able ROMs ???

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
I have been lurking here for a month or so. Decided I needed to join and see if I could learn some more about the NC.

My question is, are there any real flash able ROMs ???

What I men is, being able to place the ROM zip on the root of the SD card, booting into CWR and flashing the ROM from there. I see many ROMS that require burning an image and a few other steps, but nothing simple.

Thanks for all helpful replies.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
I have been lurking here for a month or so. Decided I needed to join and see if I could learn some more about the NC.

What I men is, being able to place the ROM zip on the root of the SD card, booting into CWR and flashing the ROM from there. I see many ROMS that require burning an image and a few other steps, but nothing simple.

Well, yes...but everything is pretty much in developement stage right now...
And I gotta say, flashing a bootable CWR isn't too bad, then you're all set to install the roms...same thing goes as with any other Android modding: read and follow the posted instructions EXACTLY. ;)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are quite a few in the technical section. As far as I know you only flash zip files not burn them. Maybe you were looking at the rooting process?

Nook Color Technical

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
Rooting with autonooter 2, installing pre-rooted 1.1 software, and flashing an overclocked kernel are all pretty simple activities. Install CWR and learn how to use it. It's a great tool and makes it so easy to not wreck your nook.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011

There are only a couple that are flashable through normal internal clockwork recovery. The most stable flashable one is phiremod beta 2 (other versions of phiremod require ext4 sdcard cwr). There is a thread in the technical section on the beta 2 phiremod. I recommend that rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
There are only a couple that are flashable through normal internal clockwork recovery. The most stable flashable one is phiremod beta 2 (other versions of phiremod require ext4 sdcard cwr). There is a thread in the technical section on the beta 2 phiremod. I recommend that rom.

I've found that phiremod V3 runs much better than Beta 2...but, as you said...you must load via ext 4 CWR sdcard...I went out and bought an 8 GB sdcard specifically to keep as an ext4 CWR boot-disc... ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea I might give V3 a try eventually. I just don't like the involved process of going back to beta 2 if I want. Can't go back to a backup of beta2 using ext4 I guess. I was kind of holding out for more internal flashable roms, I dont like the workaround of ext4. I also wanted to see if anything other than cm7 based came out.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Anyone here try Ultimate Droid? I've always run it on my Droid, I think I'll give it a try for my NC.

I saw talks of that. Is it on the Ultimate Droid website for download? I loved UD2.5 on the droid but ran 3 on my phone and it constantly rebooted. Is it flashable thru normal cwr on nook?

*edit: nvmd I see it in there website

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Looks like UD is in nightly still and requires a paid subscription and ext4.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yea I might give V3 a try eventually. I just don't like the involved process of going back to beta 2 if I want. Can't go back to a backup of beta2 using ext4 I guess. I was kind of holding out for more internal flashable roms, I dont like the workaround of ext4. I also wanted to see if anything other than cm7 based came out.

Actually ever since honeycomb preview, which is for tablets, I've been less interested in 2.3. And since 2.2 is what I wanted when I first got the nook color, I'm happy working with it for now. Also most known froyo tweaks and fixes seem to work for beta 2, which is great.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Beta2 is running good for me too. Hardly any problems at all. I am running GB on my phone and dont notice much difference between 2.2 and 2.3. A stable HC rom would be nice though. Love the honeycomb interface.

sent from my rooted nook color