Really need help with an issue....

Jul 9, 2011
I just got the Acer Iconia a500 tablet yesterday and I'm totally in love with it, but I've run into a snag that is really beginning to tick me off a little bit and I was hoping that maybe someone here could assist me. Okay, so I pop in my Sandisk 16gb micro SD card into my tablet and I try to view it's contents through a file manager and it's nowhere to be found, I've tried 6 different file programs and none of them see any pictures, music, or documents at all! My music shows up fine in the music player so I know the card isn't dead, I can also view all the pics and files I have in my Epic 4G, but when I try to browse my card on the tablet it's as if it doesn't exist....

Also, when I plug my tablet into my computer I can access the tablet internal memory just fine but I can't seem to access the SD card to add anything to it, this stinks because I don't want to fill the Acer up with ROMS and other such things until I fill up my SD card. Is there any fix for any of this does that NOT include rooting the device. I'm no good at that stuff and I want to keep everything 100% stock. What good is a tablet if you can't view your content from the card?! I've also read elsewhere that others have had this problem and have fixed it but none of the sites tell me how to do it, it's been very frusterating and if this can't be fixed I may be forced to return it and get the Asus Transformer even though I'm loving the Acer.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
The location of the SD card is odd in file managers. The full path is /mnt/external_sd. How you get there varies by file manager. In ES File Manager press the button that looks like an sd card and that will show you the mnt folder.

Hope that helps.

Not sure about your second problem as I use ES File Manager to copy things over wirelessly from my network.

Jul 9, 2011
Okay, I'm using ES file manager now and the only time I see something that looks like an SD card is when I tap on the home icon, the home icon changes into what looks to be an SD card and the path on the top says "local" and there is a picture of what looks to be a device with the word "sdcard" next to it, nothing that says "external". I would totally chalk this up to a dead card if it didn't work in my Epic 4G and if my music didn't show up in the music player, there has got to be something I can do.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
That is the correct button. It toggles between the two views. If you press the button when it looks like an sd card the list of folders should change and one of them should be called mnt. Press that and it will take you inside where you should find external_Sd.