recommend me a tablet

mikee

May 29, 2011
I may have posted this before last year but I need a new tablet. My needs are android 4.0 or better 8gb internal storage (or slightly less as I will be using a 32gb sd card anyway) This will be used for internet surfing, watching videos, playing games etc. I want to have an HDMI port too so I can hook it up to a big tv and watch videos. I want the google play store included so I don't have to do any ridiculous hacks to get it.

7-10 inch screen

I also want decent battery life and the ability to charge over usb with no proprietary wall chargers needed as I will be traveling and run the risk of losing the charger. Also I would like to be able to charge it in the car over usb.

I am looking to spend less than 300$ for all this.

I am traveling back and forth between US and canada as for my location restraints.

I am really confused as to what makes a decent tablet these days and when I look in stores and online I see all sorts of sketchy names like visual land, hip street and other cheap chinese names and I am assuming these are no good.

THank you I would greatly appreciate some help on this

antonylewar

Mar 12, 2012
The tablet which matches all your specifications is the 'ViewSonic's ViewPad E70'.

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I may have posted this before last year but I need a new tablet. My needs are android 4.0 or better 8gb internal storage (or slightly less as I will be using a 32gb sd card anyway) This will be used for internet surfing, watching videos, playing games etc. I want to have an HDMI port too so I can hook it up to a big tv and watch videos. I want the google play store included so I don't have to do any ridiculous hacks to get it.

7-10 inch screen

I also want decent battery life and the ability to charge over usb with no proprietary wall chargers needed as I will be traveling and run the risk of losing the charger. Also I would like to be able to charge it in the car over usb.

I am looking to spend less than 300$ for all this.

I am traveling back and forth between US and canada as for my location restraints.

I am really confused as to what makes a decent tablet these days and when I look in stores and online I see all sorts of sketchy names like visual land, hip street and other cheap chinese names and I am assuming these are no good.

THank you I would greatly appreciate some help on this

Hi mikee, lot's of tablets can meet your demands, i would recommend you to buy the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II or Teclast P85 dual-core. both of them are come with dual-core processor, android 4.0 ICS, high resolution IPS screen...
you can also find more here: Android Tablet PC. :)

mikee

May 29, 2011
isn't the novo running a mips processor which will severely limit its app compatibility. If not I may get one since I hear they are cheap

mikee

May 29, 2011
I'm really looking at the novo 7 aurora 2 but how well does that site do returns if the unit is defective? is it a trustworthy site. I have heard of some sites selling one type of tablet actually send someone something way different (usually a worse resistive screen tablet) and have no real contact info or support site or even a fake one some times

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I'm really looking at the novo 7 aurora 2 but how well does that site do returns if the unit is defective? is it a trustworthy site. I have heard of some sites selling one type of tablet actually send someone something way different (usually a worse resistive screen tablet) and have no real contact info or support site or even a fake one some times

Hi Mikee, we have one-year free warranty and 7 days return & refund policy. you can rest assured to place your order in our site, as we're a long-term supporting vendor on this forum. and we're also authorized reseller of Ainol Tablets. welcome to order! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, your budget means you can pick from many top spec chinese tabs. if a 9.7" tab is in your target area, i recommend this as i have just bought one for my father & he loves it. the supplier is a supporting vendor on this site & as so is a trustworthy, reliable & honest seller with good after sales service, well worth checking out their site even if this isnt the tab for you , their prices are competitive & they only sell genuine branded tablets, no copies so quality will be better than oem devices which leave a lot to be desired.
good luck with your search.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $226.00 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
^^ stop calling chinese tabs OEM! OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) stuff is exactly the same as retail, just without the packaging, NOT chinese copies.

also, just write your posts as a full advert, not an attempt at making it sound like you arent to do with them, would make it sound less dodgy.