Recommendations for a PDF reader

mza

Jan 6, 2013
Greetings:

I need to install (or keep) a PDF reader; preferably a lightweight one that just displays documents without the need to edit them or "phone home". Any recommendations?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I have both Aldiko and Acrobat. Adobe displays the PDFs a bit better than Aldiko, but Aldiko loads up the file at the place the reader left off. It balances out.

mza

Jan 6, 2013
I'm surprised to see anyone call Adobe Reader small. I tried it and it's not bad but I was hoping for a thumbnail display like the desktop version.

Also, I am willing to pay for the app, but I am not willing to have ads take up any screen space.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I block Acrobat Reader's Internet access using Droidwall, and that eliminates my concerns with Adobe.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I downloaded a PDF file and was surprised to see Kindle, which is preloaded, appear as a choice. I was downloading documentation that I will keep long term, so having it on a virtual bookshelf made sense. It does a good job. I would not like the headache of the extra steps to manage files that were short term though.

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
So this might be a little late, but my app of choice is EZ PDF Reader. I liked it so much I bought the paid version. Tons of features, so many ways to configure it... I'd recommend it over any others