Recommendations for Tablet - Flash Mandatory

Bruce98

Feb 21, 2012
Greetings,

New to the Forum, please forgive if this is not the correct arena to post this in.

We are looking to buy five or so Android-based Tablets for use on the production floor. Connectivity will be wireless. Definitely need some recommendations. Despite a couple of decades in IT I have virtually zero experience with Tablets, save for the iPad.

I would assume that connecting to the Cisco ASA-series of WiFi access points would not be an issue?

Critical to the selection also is Flash which, as you know, the iPad lacks. So it's out of the question.

Again, recommendations for a robust unit would be greatly appreciated!

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the Forum and the Android world.

You don't mention price as an issue so I would consider Samsung as a safe choice.

However if you are price conscious and still want a tablet that will survive on the factory floor you would probably like to go Chinese. The most reliable in my experience is Zenithink or Ainol. You would probably prefer to go with Android 2.3 as some tablets with Android 4 have issues with Flash.

Bruce98

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the Forum and the Android world.

You don't mention price as an issue so I would consider Samsung as a safe choice.

However if you are price conscious and still want a tablet that will survive on the factory floor you would probably like to go Chinese. The most reliable in my experience is Zenithink or Ainol. You would probably prefer to go with Android 2.3 as some tablets with Android 4 have issues with Flash.
Thanks for the welcome.

Good to know about Android 4. We definitely need fully functional Flash. I would expect them to resolve this v4.0 issue at a later date, no? Would you happen to know if the Samsung GT-P6210MAYXAR is having this problem when upgraded to 4.0?

Again, thank you.

Last edited:

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Sorry I am one of the price conscious customer so no experience with Samsung Galaxy. I am wondering why you want to upgrade though. it comes with Android 3.2 which is mature OS Version. Unless you have special needs that is supported by 4.0 I would rather go with a tested OS especially if it is going to be used in the production (read: it is a tool not a show off)

If you go ahead with Android 4.0 make sure your supplier guarantee that Flash works.

Bruce98

Feb 21, 2012
Sorry I am one of the price conscious customer so no experience with Samsung Galaxy. I am wondering why you want to upgrade though. it comes with Android 3.2 which is mature OS Version. Unless you have special needs that is supported by 4.0 I would rather go with a tested OS especially if it is going to be used in the production (read: it is a tool not a show off)

If you go ahead with Android 4.0 make sure your supplier guarantee that Flash works.
I agree, don't get me wrong. I am trying to anticipate what my Boss may want to do down the road.

On another note, from what I've read by scouring the Web it would appear that the battery life of the Android Tablets exceeds that of the Windows-based units. Would you and others find this to be true, generally speaking?

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Again I am afraid that I am not to too much help as I have not even seen a Windows based Tablet.

I general the battery is an issue on all mobile devices. Make sure you turn off features you don't need. Unfortunately you can't turn off WiFi. which is one of the functions that affects your battery life.

I can recommend Android Booster to help you reduce the energy consumption: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.netqin.mobileguard&feature=search_result