Recommended Software

VanCowboy

Nov 27, 2011
I just bought the VTAB for school and work and looking for the following software:
  1. Office Suite
  2. Note taking software with handwriting (hand written notes)
  3. Recording Software
  4. File Management Software
I do not mind paying a couple of bucks for the software but not a whole lot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
Everyone may have different opinions because many of these items are a matter of personal preference. But here goes:

1. Office 2 Go - works with word and excel files.
2. As a veteran PPC user, I work with grafitti and take notes in word or evernote. Most handwriting recognition programs, at least for me, have been hit or miss. Grafitti has always worked better.
3. Haven't tried one yet - am interested to see what others like.
4. I use File Manager - does what I need. Or, if you've rooted, Root Manager works well.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
ES File Explorer is the best file management software IMHO, latest versions support root too.
Overall vtab1008 is not the "best" tablet for the office apps. It can hahdle it, but I'm sure there are better choices
for the business tablet.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
If you watch the Amazon Market there have been 3 different office suites free as the app of the day:

Documents to Go

QuickOffice Pro

OfficeSuite Pro 5

I have used Documents to Go for a while and it works pretty well, but I am not a heavy user. I use it mostly to view files - not edit/create.

I agree ES File Explorer is my favorite file manager.

I have used Rehearsal Assistant on other devices, but have not tested it on the VTAB.

Most of the note taking software app have a free version. Handrite and Freenote are two.

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
ES File Explorer is the best file management software IMHO, latest versions support root too.
Overall vtab1008 is not the "best" tablet for the office apps. It can hahdle it, but I'm sure there are better choices
for the business tablet.

Concur on that last sentence.....particularly since there is not yet any support for bluetooth keyboards. Hopefully, Vizio will fix this problem.

vtabuser

Jan 20, 2012
+1 on the es file explorer. As for the office software I have been having good luck with kingsoft office. Best part is its free.

bjgrig

Jan 25, 2012
Kingsoft is a great free package. It's formatting is a lot like that of MS applications. Also the slideshow full screen works great for doing presentations via HDMI (I use it for this once a week on my VTAB).