Recover seems to be missing?

mediabob

Jan 3, 2012
Hi,

I am having an issue with a tablet. My friend bought an Elocity A7 tablet and decided to root it and put a custom rom on it, which seemed to have bricked the tablet. He brought it to me and I had a look at it and it turns out the tablet is in fact an Elocity A7+ tablet. Now to his credit he showed me the page he ordered from and it does in fact say A7 and there is nothing on the box that says its an A7+ the only way I found out was researching the model number which is A7-004 instead of A7-040.

Now, I downloaded the Nvidia tools and was able to re-install the factory firmware via APX mode, so the tablet itself seems to be working, except that now it won't boot into recovery. When I try to boot to recovery mode it just sits on a black screen, also of minor note the boot image seems distorted. The tablet itself works and everything is great, but I fear not having recovery available might become an issue later down the road, especially if Elocity decides to release an update.

APX refused to divulge the partition info on the tablet, but this is the setup in the original A7

Code:
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]2 BCT - Boot Configuration Table[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]3 PT - Partition Table[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]4 EBT - Bootloader[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]5 NVC - [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]6 SOS - Recovery Kernel - recovery.img[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]7 LNX - System Kernel - boot.img[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]8 MBR - msdos partition table for the rest of the disk[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]9 APP - OS root filesystem - system.img[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]10 CAC - Cache partition (?)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]11 MSC[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]12 ER1[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#111111][FONT=verdana]13 UDA[/FONT][/COLOR]

So I flashed recovery to 6, I used that same guide for everything else and it seems to be OK except recovery.

Anybody have any ideas?