[RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (for CM7 Rom)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
My biggest problem with the NC was that the soft keys closed down phonemypc. Since this didn't come with softkeys i used button savior. Now PhonemyPc works perfectly. I doubt this is because of Cyanogen, probably soft keys. But freakin awesome. This makes my NC a much more valuable tool. Now I can bring up my home and work computer anywhere.

So why didn't you just install BS before and uninstall softkeys?

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
NP, that's what the thanks button is for. :)

People are having issues with certain apps not showing in market and it's a known issue right now. They are working on the market fix with the next release, or so I'm told. But we're on a nightlies schedule now so things should ramp up fast.

Where is the thanks button. I would like to use it.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Where is the thanks button. I would like to use it.

thanks.JPG

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
not showing up with firefox on window 7 or dolphin mini on my nc or android tablet forum app on nc

Edit: once I reloaded now showing up or maybe I was only looking at my reply? Is there a thanks on the androdi tablet forum app on nc?

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Idk if this is useful to anyone but this link will show the changes that the cm team is making to code on all devices. Nook is in there.

Gerrit Code Review

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yup, keep your eyes peeled for anything 'Encore' named. That's the device name for the Nook Color in CM.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Ok so I had to format my laptop earlier in the week.. I was working on getting HC but you guys have convinced me otherwise.. I am on getting ADB working first.. then getting CM.. my buddy got a NC today for his BDAY.. he wants CM. (runs CM on his OG droid..) I want to get the process down before working on his.

@Faceman I am planning on using a 4Gig class 4 card for this.. do you think that will work ok? I know its just for flashing but I have read about bugs with slower cards.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Ok so I had to format my laptop earlier in the week.. I was working on getting HC but you guys have convinced me otherwise.. I am on getting ADB working first.. then getting CM.. my buddy got a NC today for his BDAY.. he wants CM. (runs CM on his OG droid..) I want to get the process down before working on his.

@Faceman I am planning on using a 4Gig class 4 card for this.. do you think that will work ok? I know its just for flashing but I have read about bugs with slower cards.

The class 4 is fine. As long as it works, you'll be good.

As for installing CM, take it slow. I might wait a bit longer. I can barely install the latest release and test it before another is put out there. There's some kinks and it appears most are being worked out. As of this afternoon I have installed my 4th release of CM7, and each one gets better and more ironed out. Its late for me and it's a busy weekend so I'll drop in more info soon.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Yeah I decided to hold off. Phiremod is working for me and I am happy with my setup so I am holding off.

Are you pulling the nightlies from rom manager?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yeah I decided to hold off. Phiremod is working for me and I am happy with my setup so I am holding off.

Are you pulling the nightlies from rom manager?

Not yet. I need to actually pay for the full version of ROM manager, and haven't done that yet.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Faceman, in steps 22 and 23 of your diary do you have to format anything or do you just install from sd, and then pick the file. (for overclocking). As soon as cyanogen is back up im going to d/l the latest nightly and follow your diary to install. That is, i can use the latest nightly since they are "full releases" right?

edit... so the cyanogen server is back up.. can i use cm_encore_full-2.zip instead of the rc rom listed in your diary? As soon as I get the ok from u im going for it.

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Ok faceman need your help. I chanced it and followed your instructions with the encore full zip. Can u please post detailed instructions on flashing the 1.1ghz kernel. Also on how to update with thenext nightly. Thanx so much. I like this so far but kind of sluggish.

Edit ... took a chance and followed Rico instructions for flashing kernels from a different thread.... now if I can just find how to update the nightly's.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Sorry for dragging my feet, had a nice dinner out with a comedy show with the family. Woot!

OK, couple of things:

1. Yes, each nightly release IS a full install file. You can start with the latest nightly and you are in business.
2. Until they update the CWR versions to be 3.0.0.6 EVERYWHERE, you will need to use the ext4 Bootable SD that you made to place all the update zips on to. This includes kernels, nightlys, etc.
3. For OC kernels, please use the ones listed for Froyo/CM7 in this thread at XDA: [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [2/18/11] - xda-developers
4. As far as flashing the OC kernel - same instructions as flashing a new nightly:

• download new zip (kernel, nightly, etc)
  • put zip onto the 'ext4 Bootable SD' created earlier
  • put Sd into NC and boot into Recovery (make sure it says v3.0.0.6)
  • from main CWR menu: 'install zip from sdcard' --> 'choose zip from sdcard' --> select "your_new_zip_file.zip" (where your_new_zip_file is whatever it is your flashing)
  • once install is complete, either repeat for other new zips (if necessary)
  • from main CWR menu: 'mounts and storage' --> unmount sdcard --> remove sdcard
  • from main CWR menu: 'reboot'
  • Enjoy!
...I like this so far but kind of sluggish...
This seems to be normal with this build so far, but most folks notice a big increase after a few hours or the first day. I think this one takes a bit to settle in, and as the nightly improves and more things get ironed out, the less this will be noticed.

Also noticed from following the developers thread and reading over at CM site, there's some bloat that can/will be cut out once they get that far down the priority list.

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks faceman. What about flashing the nightly though? I was reading over on xda and it seems you don't have to format all the folders, meaning i shouldnt have to reset everything up? Is that correct, and how? Grrr, i hope im making sense. What i mean to say is how to just update with the nightlies, not have to start all over. thanks.

Edit- i chanced it. I just reformatted cache and installed new nightly after that. Works fine. Then I reinstalled over clock kernel same way as before. Works fine. From a general user stand pointing don't see any improvements with the nightly even though its 8 megs bigger. Still no video or YouTube, can't d/l paid apps. I'm gonna ride it out though and wait for improvements, I like this.

Last edited: