Recovery for coby, 7034,7036,7048,8048

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I keep getting requests on my progress for these recoveries. Well there is no progress, I have went as far as I can go.
As of now one of three things need to happen, for this project to continue.

1. One of the owners of these tablets needs to take it from here build and test the recoveries.
2. Users of these tablet get together and send me enough money to buy one of these tablets.
3. Someone send me one of these tablets.

Sorry best I can do.

tanllwyth

Nov 25, 2012
Would the build.Prop and local.prop be helpful. I got ES Explorer to copy them to my external SD on the Coby.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Would the build.Prop and local.prop be helpful. I got ES Explorer to copy them to my external SD on the Coby.

No I have all info I need, only thing at this point I need is a tablet or if someone else builds the recoveries they need a tablet to test them on.

loneguy

Dec 4, 2012
i'm new to these tablet thing... been reading most of this forum, a lot of great work you guys did.. managed to root my mid8048-4
and installed ghostcommander allowed me to remount /system in rw to mess a bit with vold.fstab... did not install cwm yet as i dont have computer with harddrive in..running livecd ubuntu.. not quite sure how to do it with my setup.
one thing would be great though, a step by step guide for 8048 for dummy on linux

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i'm new to these tablet thing... been reading most of this forum, a lot of great work you guys did.. managed to root my mid8048-4
and installed ghostcommander allowed me to remount /system in rw to mess a bit with vold.fstab... did not install cwm yet as i dont have computer with harddrive in..running livecd ubuntu.. not quite sure how to do it with my setup.
one thing would be great though, a step by step guide for 8048 for dummy on linux
I only use Linux all guides I make are for Linux.

loneguy

Dec 4, 2012
i can go with a step by step linux guide only thing im not sure is about having all i need on a livecd of backtrack dist. used linux and freebsd 10 years ago so i assume its still mostly the same if you dont mind making a clear one .. i got all mixed up trying to follow up from one device to another

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am not following you, There is no released cwm recovery for these tablets. If I am the one that releases them, they will be flashed via stock recovery. Same as my root and gapps thread. No guide would be needed just place the zip on sdcard reboot to recovery and install.

loneguy

Dec 4, 2012
oh ok i was looking for cwm recovery to replace thestock one.. so i guess im good to go on and try messing with otg usb thx

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
oh ok i was looking for cwm recovery to replace thestock one.. so i guess im good to go on and try messing with otg usb thx

Yes you are good to go, enjoy your tablet. Only two people have my private cw recovery for 8048, my client and myself, cw recovery for 8048 seems to be testing well.

Making recovery ramdisk ------
out/host/linux-x86/bin/minigzip < out/target/product/8048/ramdisk-recovery.cpio > out/target/product/8048/ramdisk-recovery.img
----- Making recovery image ------
out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkbootimg --kernel out/target/product/8048/kernel --ramdisk out/target/product/8048/ramdisk-recovery.img
Made recovery image: out/target/product/8048/recovery.img
out/target/product/8048/recovery.img total size is 8785920

loneguy

Dec 4, 2012
i hope you make a public one soon ..feeling like i could get more from coby based on what im used too on my phone (lgp500 on a cyanogenmod 9)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i hope you make a public one soon ..feeling like i could get more from coby based on what im used too on my phone (lgp500 on a cyanogenmod 9)

The recovery situation has been explained in 1st post, as of right now doesn't look like I will be releasing any cw recoveries to the public for the telechips tablets.

suedemonkey

Dec 7, 2012
subscribing to the thread, i'm hoping to have a back-up for my tablet before i tweak a few things. I'll just wait and see how things develop.

Thanks to tpaine
for directing me to this thread.