[RECOVERY] Official ClockworkMod Recovery Information and Versions

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Thanks again for the info Darmeen. I swapped kernels and my quadrant score went up to 1794! This is more than twice the score I got when I was on my freshly rooted, not overclocked Nook!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
It's not the case for me; when I flash and select (old) I see 3.0.0.5 in both RM and CWR.

When I flash and select the 'Nook Color' (not old), I see 3.0.1 in both RM and CWR

Ditto. If I use "old" I see 3.0.0.5 in both rom manager and recovery. If I use the other option I see 3.0.1.0 in both. I'm using b&n 1.1 rooted and the 1.1 ghz kernel. When I load recovery with 3.0.1.0 showing and attempt to backup, I get the error message. I guess I'll flash with "old" even though it shows 3.0.0.5. The test will be if 3.0.1.0 shows up after I load a froyo or gingerbread rom...

Thanks for the info, I jumped immediately to cm7 when i could and thus have been running from v3.0.0.6-3.0.1.0 so my experience has been different from those still running non-cm7 roms.

However, the new/old device issue remains a bit cloudy, but at least its easy to flash between the two to find the one that works for you.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i just wiped data, i usually do it twice, but the 2nd time i did it cwr just froze and now i'm stuck in recovery. is there anyway to reboot since i can't pull the battery?

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Don't do data wipes when flashing/upgrading recoveries; the rom and recovery sections are separate.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
i just wiped data, i usually do it twice, but the 2nd time i did it cwr just froze and now i'm stuck in recovery. is there anyway to reboot since i can't pull the battery?

Out of curiosity, why do you wipe twice? (It's hard not to laugh at the absurdity of the sound of my question) :)

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
I did something wrong- going from pre-rooted 1.1r2 to ultimate droid:

With rom manager and CWR 3.0.0.5 installed:
-I did a backup and restore
-Then i flashed the new CWR 3.0.1.0
rebooted

(this is where i screwed up)
- I booted into recovery
then wipe data (not good)
and then installed UD rom

So now I have UD installed and working, but none of my apps or data... (yup- probably shouldn't have wiped data)

But I can see the data is still on my sd card- Actually its in /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard

Since I wiped everything I dont have rom manager / CWR showing in my apps. Not sure if I should redownload it, or try to reinstall it from the sd card.

Is there a way to get my apps and data back?
Or am I just SOL, and have to start from scratch?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I did something wrong- going from pre-rooted 1.1r2 to ultimate droid:

With rom manager and CWR 3.0.0.5 installed:
-I did a backup and restore
-Then i flashed the new CWR 3.0.1.0
rebooted

(this is where i screwed up)
- I booted into recovery
then wipe data (not good)
and then installed UD rom

So now I have UD installed and working, but none of my apps or data... (yup- probably shouldn't have wiped data)

But I can see the data is still on my sd card- Actually its in /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard

Since I wiped everything I dont have rom manager / CWR showing in my apps. Not sure if I should redownload it, or try to reinstall it from the sd card.

Is there a way to get my apps and data back?
Or am I just SOL, and have to start from scratch?

Not screwed at all... probably the simplest thing to do is download ROM Manager from market and use it to boot into recovery - perform a backup of your app-empty UD. Then once that is done, do a restore of the 1.1r2 that you made before installing UD. This will take you back to where you started the day. Now download and install Titanium Backup - perform a batch backup of all user apps. Now boot back into recovery and restore the app-empty UD backup you made. Once that is done, download Titanium backup again from market and do a batch restore user apps.

Since you are making a major rom change I would not recommend backing up and restoring app data - but you can try that one app at a time.

Your other option is to just download everything again.

Plague

Apr 4, 2011
Originally Posted by nemith Q: I want to install it manually / I want ext4 support
adb shell busybox mount / -o rw,remount
adb shell busybox mkdir /boot
adb shell busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /boot
adb push recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.0-encore.img /boot/uRecRam
adb push kernel /boot/uRecImg
adb shell busybox umount /boot
I am new and I am so grateful that you guys are doing this kind of stuff. I am learning so much. however because I am a noob, I have some questions that I am wondering if you would help me with.

I have adb setup so that when I issue " adb devices" it shows my device serial number. so as far as I know I have ADB setup correctly. I also have gone to the adb setup link and made sure I have the .android/adb_usb.ini installed into the correct location.

What I have done
installed rom manager 3.0.1.4
it updated and installed CWM3.0.0.5
I tried to install CWM3.0.1 via zip but nothing seems to change. when I boot into recovery it still says 3.0.0.5
so now I am trying to install using the manual way.

1. I have a mytouch4g, should I be trying to put CWM3.0.1 on it? I have searched all over the mytough4g forums and everyone directs us to here.

2. When I issue the "adb shell busybox mount / -o rw,remount" command I get the msg "mount: mounting /o on rw,remount failed: No such file or directory"

and from there I cant create the /boot directory to push the update into the right directory. so I am having a problem mounting and changing the drive to read/write. has anyone else had this problem? could it be because i have a sd card in my device? i think MyTouch 4g uses the SD card as the default application install directory. but i could be wrong.

I apologize for the noob question. and thanks in advance

Plague

Apr 4, 2011
i figured out that you cant have the sd card mounted on your PC if you want it to work. so i got the read/write permisions off. i got the /boot directory but now when i try to do "adb shell busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /boot" i get "invalid argument" anyone got any idea?

Stumblethru

Feb 12, 2011
I just downloaded RomManager v. 3.0.1.7 from the Market. When I opened it it showed this message;
"New Features. Fixed the device id licensing issues occurring on phones that only have wifi connections. Sorry about that Nook Color Users! Please report bugs --------". Will we need an earlier version? Is one available somewhere?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I just downloaded RomManager v. 3.0.1.7 from the Market. When I opened it it showed this message;
"New Features. Fixed the device id licensing issues occurring on phones that only have wifi connections. Sorry about that Nook Color Users! Please report bugs --------". Will we need an earlier version? Is one available somewhere?
Did U try it?Has any problems working at your NC?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Faceman, is this your cue? I haven't seen it yet myself but I am wondering if this is related to the new/old nook color issue.