Recovery on a MID8042

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Does anyone know how to force a MID8042 into recovery mode ?? I picked up a 8042 on eBay, got it to boot on the second try and did a factory data reset. The tablet is stuck in boot mode. I can rest it or turn it off by holding down the I/O button.

However on reboot it displays the Coby logo, then Android and gets stuck there (for hours if I leave it...)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
The tablet went back to Coby for warranty replacement or repair. It never worked right, repeated encryption errors and lockups and still have the factory protector on the screen. We will see how it works in a month. In the meantime I have the 1126 running ICS 4.0.3.

bigrob301

Aug 11, 2012
Does anyone know how to force a MID8042 into recovery mode ?? I picked up a 8042 on eBay, got it to boot on the second try and did a factory data reset. The tablet is stuck in boot mode. I can rest it or turn it off by holding down the I/O button.

However on reboot it displays the Coby logo, then Android and gets stuck there (for hours if I leave it...)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
Try holding power volume down and back button simultaneously

nfernandeza

Oct 13, 2012
Primero en español:
para restaurar a fabrica la tablet coby kyros mid8042:

1- apagar el equipo
2-mantener presionado tecla back + (volumen+) y presionar power. luejo solo soltar power.
3- aparecera una opciones con volumen + - seleccionar factory restore y con boton power dar ok.
4- reiniciar.

in Inglish:
1-power off
2_ press hold back button and volume +. then press power button.
3- in the option select factory restore select with power button.
4- reset.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

pussman

Mar 28, 2013
Primero en español:
para restaurar a fabrica la tablet coby kyros mid8042:

1- apagar el equipo
2-mantener presionado tecla back + (volumen+) y presionar power. luejo solo soltar power.
3- aparecera una opciones con volumen + - seleccionar factory restore y con boton power dar ok.
4- reiniciar.

in Inglish:
1-power off
2_ press hold back button and volume +. then press power button.
3- in the option select factory restore select with power button.
4- reset.

I've done that but did't work.
Then I've done like this, and it worked:
1- Charge the device
2- Unplug from charger
3- Keep pressing BACK and VOL+
4- Put a clip on the side reset button for +- 5 seconds
5- When the android cartoon apears, press VOL + or - and select the option you want