refurbished nook color. good or bad choice?

juanc723

Jul 9, 2011
im thinking on getting a refurbished nook color from b&n. anyone here have any experience with thier refurbished nooks?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No experience but I would say go for it if you are looking at it from a price perspective. The Nook is already one of the cheapest full function (well other than voice and camera) tablets you are going to find but if you need that little extra discount to pull the trigger then it is better to have a refurbished one than noe at all.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Most of the B&N refurm nooks I have seen come with a 90 day warrenty but I have heard of some folks getting the full 1 year thru B&N online. Just have to check but B&N stands behind their product. I would not hesitate to buy a refurm that way if I were to need another.

Sent from my NexusOne using Tapatalk

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If a Nook is what you want, I wouldn't hesitate to get a refurb. From all I've seen, B&N is a reputable company and actually cares about it's customers.

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
If you're picking up a Refurb nook from B & N - I'd buy one again in a heartbeat - for the discount. I couldn't pay 250 for one - but snapped up a discount refurb on sale a while back.

Mine came in " like new condition " - with all the factory packaging and screen covers. The only thing that gave it away was a Refurbished sticker on the box.

B & N refurbs come with 1 year warranty - so you're only losing a year on that.

I say go for it.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
In my experience, refurbished electronics are just as good as brand new. They undergo through testing and repair before being put on sale. If Barnes and Noble is selling the refurbed unit you are interested in, I say go for it!

Deanerh

Jul 20, 2011
I bought one about 3 weeks ago. Great deal since there was no sales tax and free shipping. Plus, the day I was getting ready to order it, I received an email from Paypal with an offer from their Bill Me Later service that gave you a $10 credit on your account for the first time you used it, plus no interest on the purchase as long as it's paid off by 2012. So the unit wound up costing me $189.

I did have a problem pop up right after I received it. I was having intermittent charging problems. Did some testing with plugging the nook cable into some other chargers and determined that the cable was fine, but the wall unit was defective. Contacted B&N and they sent me a replacement that arrived in 3 days...plus it came with an extra cable!

Aug 3, 2011
Hi, where are you all buying the refurbished nook colors from? I want to make sure I'm buying from a reputable source. I can't seem to find a link to the refurbished nook colors on the barnes and noble website. Thanks!

frodo

Feb 5, 2011
Also, the B&N ebay store. Bought one from there 2 weeks ago. It has little light bleed from the bottom of screen (which really isn't so bad), but otherwise fine.

Rooted and running MIUI at the moment - tossing up between this and CM7.

edit - spelling:(