Reinstall android on coby 8024

coutinhocouto

Jun 24, 2011
Anyone know how to reinstall the android on coby 8024?
My tablet stoped working last mounth, Im sure the problem is the OS but I dont find how to reinstall it!

Someone knows how to do it????:(:(:(:(

coutinhocouto

Jun 24, 2011
my coby just dont start, how i root with this problem?
i use this damm tablet for a week and it stop working, for a mouth i'm trying to fix it :mad:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
my coby just dont start, how i root with this problem?
i use this damm tablet for a week and it stop working, for a mouth i'm trying to fix it :mad:

You can boot to dev mode (google how I am not sure for your model)). This will instruct you to connect to a computer. Then through the android sdk + adb you should be able to push a recovery.zip made for your tablet model to your tablet. From there you will be able to boot into recovery mode and choose to restore from backup. If someone posts a backup for you then you will be able to backup to that and your tablet will work.

This of course is if your tablet even turns on to where it says coby?

Here read this thread on unbricking Coby 7024 (same hardware as 8024)

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ate-coby-kyros-7024-gingerbread-firmware.html

You should be able to solve your problems there

spillb

Jul 25, 2011
nba, I have a similar problem..dont follow the instructions in "unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024..." all that did it to mine was give me a white screen.

I am however able to use Droid explorer to navigate the file system of the device.

Have you found a Recovery.zip or a backup? If so can you please inform me where to get it?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@spillb

many of us here already tried that solution from "unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024..." and didnt encounter what happened to your unit. can you tell us the exact version of firmware you use?

@nba
clockworkmod recovery will not work for 7024/8024 series..someone already tried it and only lost their recovery.

kvicious

Jul 27, 2011
@spillb

many of us here already tried that solution from "unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024..." and didnt encounter what happened to your unit. can you tell us the exact version of firmware you use?

@nba
clockworkmod recovery will not work for 7024/8024 series..someone already tried it and only lost their recovery.

the same problem happened to me that the spillb, follow the instructions in "unbrick or upgrade Coby Kyros 7024 ..." and my screen went white, I used the firmware posted in the beginning of the topic. sorry for my bad english.

pustiu314p

Aug 9, 2011
Hello,
I followed "unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024..." and now is only a white screen....
someone managed to reinstall android? or anyone knows how to do this? or ... itcan do something with this tablet?
Please help me.
Thank you

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

Aug 4, 2011
it seems it is because of screen resolution and there are problems installing new firmware and restoring method for the hours worked on the 7024