Reliable Vendors

nate39

Dec 28, 2011
Hi, I am looking to buy my first tablet. I have been looking around this forum trying to learn as much as I can. Is there a way to know if a online site is safe? Does anyone know anything about **********?

I was also wondering if it is possible to buy an tablet that says it has an Android system on it but it not being legit? I have seen some screen pictures that don't look like any Android system I have seen. Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
For the other question, the android os is open source so there should be no problem there. They look different because vendors can change the desktops.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
But you should be aware that while Android is open source, Google services, such as Gmail, Android Market, YouTube, etc are proprietary to Google and a manufacturer must obtain approval and a license from Google to offer them on their devices. This means that many "budget" devices have some alternative marketplace for apps, such as SlideMe, AppsLib, etc. They also may be incapable of Flash, due to hardware restrictions, or things like Netflix, Hulu+ and Angry Birds.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI