Removing Icons

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
#1- There are several icons on our Elocity A7 that we would like to remove. We tried pressing finger down on them and then sliding to the Trash Can. However, when we go back to desktop, the icons are still there. For example, we do not use and want to remove Facebook, Amazon MP3, Amazon, etc. Are these icons permanent, or can they be removed. It would be a shame if Elocity forces us, in a way, to leave those icons on the desktop and not being able to remove them. They are a bit distracting for my grandson, since it is his A7.
#2- Is there some place we can register or Elocity A7? I'm sure there must be some place so we can activate warranty and be notified in case of problems, etc.

I've asked the above questions a few times, but no one seems to have an answer and I wonder if anyone might have an answer at this time.

Please advise and thank you.
Alice

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I have this Elocity pad, you have go to the applications under setting, you will see a list of all the icons on Home page, click on the one you want to delete by clicking the uninstall button , then it's no longer on the the Front of your pad any longer, alan

Feb 2, 2011
I have this Elocity pad, you have go to the applications under setting, you will see a list of all the icons on Home page, click on the one you want to delete by clicking the uninstall button , then it's no longer on the the Front of your pad any longer, alan

I've tried your solution, uninstall is not an option. For more details post #5 visit http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/elocity-tablets/7363-elocity-a7.html

I've about had it with this device and the MFG customer service support in non existent, mfg web support knowledge base, wiki, also non existent. Not sure a reset will do any good, that is my next step, then it goes back to seller.

alicez

Sep 26, 2010

Thank you.
I went to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All. I then clicked on Amazon MP3 (also Twidroyd) and the screen that opened had "Force Stop" and "Uninstall." But, both of them were "grayed" out - not clickable. I don't think it is very nice that, as it appears now, we cannot delete these "icons" or programs that Elocity installed on this tablet. If so, they are more or less forcing us to look at these icons continuously, while the programs are taking up much needed space.
I hope someone has a solution how to remove these icons/programs from this A7.
Alice
(I wonder if we could click on that Uninstall, it would remove not only the icon, but also the entire (not needed) program?)

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
Thank you.
Re: Elocity A7
Does anyone know how to remove icons from the desktop, or uninstall applications?
Such as: FaceBook; Amazon; Amazon MP3; and a few others which will never be used, and just taking up space on the desktop and storage space?

Went to the Application Maintenance/Manger and was not permitted to click on the "Uninstall" button. Is Elocity 'forcing' us to keep these apps installed with no way of removing them?

No one seems to know the answer to this question. Thank you for any help.

Alice

(Rather not install any more program apps.)

Feb 2, 2011
Success Removing - Uninstalling applications.

After over a week of futility with Elocity telephone customer service and their non existent e-mail support, an executive (Bud) from Elocity telephone me today with SOLUTIONS!!!

Removing - Uninstalling applications.
Per Bud, Eocity is aware there is an issue with some older "Build" models (my build 2.0121). Here is Bud's solution, I did it, it works, applications & icons gone.

Visit this link Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site download the Titanium Backup. You can download this directly to your Elocity tablet or as I did download it from my desktop PC to a jump drive. I inserted the jump drive into my Elocity tablet, located the file TitaniumBackup_latest.apk and installed it. I followed the on screen directions to make a backup, this took 10 seconds. From there I followed the Wiki instructions here (#7) TB - User's guide : Titanium Backup - Wiki

select uninstall and you could be a happy camper like I am now.

FYI: Elocity this morning released a firmware update available here: eLocity Customer Support
Once downloaded and installed check your Build version, should now be 2.0127 after firmware update..

Last edited:

John Conley

Feb 7, 2011
There is a more complex solution if you understand Linux/Unix type commands using the terminal. Not for the faint of heart it involves going into the system, finding the files, and doing the removal from there. If I get a chance I'll look into the steps involved. I had installed a bar code reader on my tablet, and it worked, I just wanted to see how it scanned. I didn't have any trouble removing it through the provided interface.

There is a serious learning curve outside the GUI, but it can be done.

GV1CE

Sep 2, 2011
I have the ASUS Transformer and when you click the icon you want to remove a garbage can appears on the top righthand corner. You have to be quick because it appears semi-transparent and it's easy to miss. Just drag and drop the icon you want removed into the garbage can.