Removing System App?

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
I have installed an older version of Documents to Go...Is there ANY way to remove the system trial version that came with the tablet? Thenks,

Steve

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I couldn't figure it out ... asked the question and got no responses. I have no intention of rooting the tablet and I think that's what is required.

I wanted to remove the Docs to Go "main" so I could install the Amazon version of Docs to Go main since the Amazon 'Full' version is $7.49 in lieu of Google's $15! (no, you can't install the Amazon's Full over Google's main.

I sucked it up and paid more for the Google version.

Then I get an email from Google Market advertising their "sales price" of $15 which is 50% off their full price of $30! :eek:

(I'm saying Google instead of "Android Market" because I think they're the same?)

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I have never received any kind of notice about an app on the Market being for sale....how does one get on that list?

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I have never received any kind of notice about an app on the Market being for sale....how does one get on that list?

Once I installed the main app I registered the software, the email was from the software developer. So, of course, the email made no sense whatsoever. "Hey, you've already bought our product but we just wanted to let you know that it's on sale!"

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Even $15 is overpriced if you ask me. I've been less than impressed with my purchase.
For most documents I receive, I just upload them to Google Docs and deal with them that way.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Even $15 is overpriced if you ask me. I've been less than impressed with my purchase.
For most documents I receive, I just upload them to Google Docs and deal with them that way.

I want to use Google Docs, I do like Google Docs ... but you always have to have an internet connection to work on your stuff. There are times I'm out on the road (with my husband driving) when I might want to write a letter (scenario just happened last weekend).

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I want to use Google Docs, I do like Google Docs ... but you always have to have an internet connection to work on your stuff. There are times I'm out on the road (with my husband driving) when I might want to write a letter (scenario just happened last weekend).

I thought that with Google Docs you can now work offline? I could have sworn I got an update. I read so much though, maybe I read something saying that it's coming. I'll check it out.
nvm - word on the street is that they're trying to bring that feature back with Chrome OS but it's not certain.
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beastman

May 8, 2011
Dataviz has been sold, but they don't want us to know. There were links in their support forum, which others and I posted. Dataviz demo es them. Ever since then the company doesn't care about their customers. It took them a very long time from when Dtg 3 was shown to the time it became available, even to customers that reported a problem and how to reproduce it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum