REQ: app to use tablet as extra pc screen

den4

Jan 22, 2012
Hi
I am looking for an app to allow me to use my Archos 101-Android 2.2 as an extra monitor on my desktop. A Google search brought up Redfly Screenslider, which I tried on my HTC Desire phone and worked great. However it will not install on my tablet, despite the FAQs on their website saying it will. I also found iDisplay, but reviews I read ( and watched on YouTube) all say it is not very good.
Does anyone know of any others, or ways to install Screenslider to A2.2?

Thanks

Den

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Look at Splashtop, I do not think it has what you are really looking for. But comes closest. The difference is The tablet is not an extended screen but viewer

den4

Jan 22, 2012
Thanks for that but you are right it is only a viewer, I need to use it as a scond monitor and have one program on the main pc monitor and one on the Archos.

Den

Oozlumbird

Jan 29, 2012
I've been trying to use ScreenSlider on an Archos 101 for a few weeks with no success. I installed it on a ZTE Blade with Froyo 2.2 and it worked fine but with the drawback of screen size.

I tried backing up the APK to move it over to the tablet but I couldn't understand the file systems and in any case I would be needing the Pro version to get mirror mode and that needs the "in App Upgrade" to work, which would be unlikely.

The irony is this App does everything I need and would pay 10x what I paid for it if it worked on the tablet.