[REQ] Goodix Touch drivers for Gingerbread

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Working great. Super fast. Ran tibu and put all my apps in. Skype loaded. Latest market works flawlessly. Amazon market works great. Haven't tested video yet for skype

Pecked out on my rooted Kyros MID1024

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Skype video works perfectly.... I'm very impressed...I will never go back now. I also installed python and ttheeee browser key disable from steev. Workked. Great.

Pecked out on my rooted Kyros MID1024

erdroid

Oct 6, 2011
lfom, this is working great for me.... do I need to install wifibuddy for this one? Also, one I have installed the rom can I format the external SD or should I leave that rom on the SD card? Thanks for your hard work...it works fantastic for me.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
lfom, this is working great for me.... do I need to install wifibuddy for this one? Also, one I have installed the rom can I format the external SD or should I leave that rom on the SD card? Thanks for your hard work...it works fantastic for me.

No, no need for WiFi Buddy so far. And you can remove the files (erase) from the external microSD card after installation.

It's a test version, final version will be available soon. ;)

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
Lfom,
You knocked wish list out of the park.

Great job on the rom.

Skype video test call is the trick i have not passed. Rom is fast, stable and not buggy.

I did notice that hulu plus is not showing in app market. Also clicking a contacts profile pic in gtalk creates a forced close.

Sent from my MID1024

lgranzotto

Oct 17, 2011
Congratulations to everyone involved. Coby should pay you guys a tribute (and some $). I´ve downloaded and will try to install it asap. Can´t wait to get that annoying reboot out of my way.

___
Edit.
By the way, this is my first post, but I´ve been following the Forum for a couple of months already. I wish I had ANY ability to be able to help you on developing. Best thing I can do is serve beers. ;)

slreddy88

Nov 25, 2011
Hi all

I am a new member to this site but i am very happy with the information what i got here because i didn't got the information about goodix touch chip in any other site .

I want to integrate Touch for 7 inch TRULY display i am facing the problem in writing and reading data
android version :Gingerbread
Touch chip:GT-801
Display: TRULY 7 inch
Board :TI-omap-pandaboard

just i want to confirm one thing Thevalues what i have to put in the struct 12c_msg in read and write functions

because in my write function "ret=i2c_transfer(client->adapter,&msg,1);" returning -121 which is error code for

EREMOTEIO

and i checked for the clock and data lines also at GT-801 chip They are fine I tried with frequencies of 100, 150, 200
but i am not able to read or write data

any help on this is really helpful for me

Thanks for reading the quesition

Thanks & regards
S L Reddy
[email protected]

cellexpert

Apr 21, 2011
Any news or suggestions to the dual-touch driver to 2.6.35.7 (Ginger)?

I own this version of the motherboard and all I need 1025_v4 touch and the side buttons to run the gingerbread on my coby 1024

I tried to change the line that shows the kernel version via hex editor but it will not accept:
Code:
# insmod /system/utmodules/goodix_touch.ko
insmod: can't insert '/system/utmodules/goodix_touch.ko': invalid module format

I tried changing the editor sed:
Code:
$ sed -i "s/2.6.32.9/2.6.35.7/" goodix_touch.ko

result:
Code:
insmod: can't insert '/system/utmodules/goodix_touch.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter

With the module CFW-MID1024-V1.2-GingerLF not see charging error but the touch does not work.
Code:
#

In Froyo firmware, which the touch works, we have:
Goodix-TS 1-0055: Guitar Version: GT801NI_0R01_211

In the module goodix_touch.ko see this information via the hex editor:
Goodix-TS.S3C TouchScreen of Goodix
goodix_touch_gt801_plus

Has anyone tried running the 2.6.32.9 kernel in gingerbread?
If this is possible, solve the problem of incompatibility of modules.

I'm currently with Froyo installed natively and the Gingerbread running on an SD card. Then it is easy I do any testing.

Any help is welcome!