[Req] MID1042 dump/backup with slideme

jianC

Aug 29, 2013
Hi everyone, I've recently did a system restore on my mid1042 tablet after a failed google apps attempt but wifi does not work. I've tried restoring from the dump posted in the development section and the livesuit images but none of them have working wifi on my mid1042 revision (bought in 2013). All the previous dumps also only have getjar instead of the slideme market that originally came preinstalled with my tablet, so I am guessing that a dump with slideme would also have the correct wifi drivers. If anyone could upload their mid1042 backup that came with slideme market, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
So you didn't make a dump of your own? Then it will be difficult that others will have one. And using livesuit puts you in more trouble!.
If you can give more details of what you've ALL done to your device then maybe someone can help you. Maybe, I don't think so:p

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The use of livesuit has really hurt you as all info about your tablet has been replaced with incorrect info. No way to obtain the correct info about your tablet, without a lot of painstaking cmd lines. Even if someone uploads a backup similar to your tablet, it won't work, unless the person takes the backup and makes a livesuit image out of it or you make one.

jianC

Aug 29, 2013
Well, technically, I didn't "livesuit" using the livesuit flashing tool. I downloaded the 3 images that were floating around on 4shared for MID1042, unpacked them in windows in windows, and then re-packaged them (with only boot, bootloader, and system) so it could be flashed in recovery. 2/3 images did boot, but both of them didn't have working wifi. Upon examination, these images had different wifi firmware than the mid1042 dump that was posted in the development section. I can upload these CWM flashable repacks of the livesuit images if anyone wants. Well.. I understand that Coby has too many revision of the tablets out there.. but I hadn't read that before I had flashed gapps and then tried overclocking, which threw me into a bootloop. Ah well.. looks like this is a hopeless cause haha.

Also, what do you mean "a lot of painstaking cmdlines"? I did a quick cat of cmdline and it only showed console, init, and loglevel? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Well, technically, I didn't "livesuit" using the livesuit flashing tool. I downloaded the 3 images that were floating around on 4shared for MID1042, unpacked them in windows in windows, and then re-packaged them (with only boot, bootloader, and system) so it could be flashed in recovery. 2/3 images did boot, but both of them didn't have working wifi. Upon examination, these images had different wifi firmware than the mid1042 dump that was posted in the development section. I can upload these CWM flashable repacks of the livesuit images if anyone wants. Well.. I understand that Coby has too many revision of the tablets out there.. but I hadn't read that before I had flashed gapps and then tried overclocking, which threw me into a bootloop. Ah well.. looks like this is a hopeless cause haha.

If you have CWM recovery installed, what method did you use? The method here creates a backup. The fact you did not use livesuite is encouraging. To recover, you must find a system dump with your hardware and restore it.

The best way to restore the firmware dumps is by using Vampirefo's "how to restore method" which uses ADB and has its own thread. Thats where the lots of painstaking cmdlines come from.

Since you have CWM recovery, you might try one of the 1042 custom roms.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
You can do what tpaine said, altough what is your build.prop date? With that you can find your version dump or rom.

Sent from my CM9 Coby 8042 Kyros using Tapatalk 4 Beta Again

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Also, what do you mean "a lot of painstaking cmdlines"? I did a quick cat of cmdline and it only showed console, init, and loglevel? Thanks in advance.

boot.img and bootloader.img contained the info needed about your wifi, you destroyed that info and replaced it with incorrect info. So cmd line is required to find out what wifi hardware you have.
Just send in the tablet for warranty replacement.

Last edited:

jianC

Aug 29, 2013
Thought i'd report back. I restored with a dump with the SLIDEME market which I found in the firmware dump section, and the wi-fi works again. Thanks for your help/suggestions.

If anything, the boot.img and bootloader.img DON'T store anything aboutwifi as they are generic (along with the cmdline which doesn't specify anything other than UART debuggins params), but it lies in libhardware_legacy.so.. (from what i've seen comparing MID1042 firmware).