[REQ][RECOVERY] Recovery Image for MID 7,8,1024

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
combination of all of those just says system update then goes to a blank screen. I also opened the back the sd card is removable, sooo if some one can post the entire contents of a recovered 7024, I can recover the tablet. btw I posted pics for you ;).

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks, glad to see that. Been looking thru the C8 firmware. Looks very much like ours. Wonder if it be worth the effort to copy to your SD card and try to unbrick that way? Have you pulled the card and tried to read it?

Asure

Aug 18, 2010
I've not followed this much, but a word of warning is always good :)
1. You'll need at least one original firmware, it should contain your u-boot.bin and possible u-boot.sd.bin or u-boot.mmc.bin
2. The C8 or dropad A8 updates all write the bootloader (u-boot.bin) first and then do the rest.. so you will end up flashing our bootloader in your device. I'd advise not to do that!

3. The internal SD card, if ****ed up, can be fixed on C8/A8 by booting with power+menu and no card in the external slot. It wil ask to init SD, this formats & partitions your internal card.

4. There is no recovery (as in CWM) on these tablets.. the bootloader loads the 'recovery' partition from NAND when you hold menu+power on boot. this just runs a script to un-tar.gz some files from the SD card and wipe cache/data and stuff.

One could probably whip up Clockworkmod for this, but as all the data is on MMC and ext4/ubifs, the most commands to backup and stuff wouldn't work. It will require a rewrite of Clockworkmod recovery..

To test dropad a8 / herotab rom, you could swap out the u-boot.bins with the versions for your tablet, and try to boot with menu+power pressed, see where you end up... but that's all at your own risk.
Alternatively the script could be edited to remove the wrting of u-boots completely and remove that risk. As i don't own a 7024, i can't really comment on it..

The person who opened up the unit, can they unscrew the board and check the back for TX RX and OM1 OM2 OM3 pins?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for the advice Asure. Mudknot I'll try pulling the /system/ today with ADB. If I can, I'll get it posted somewhere for you to download. Sorry it has taken so long.

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
combination of all of those just says system update then goes to a blank screen. I also opened the back the sd card is removable, sooo if some one can post the entire contents of a recovered 7024, I can recover the tablet. btw I posted pics for you ;).

I copyed everything from mine to a folder my desktop the other day. I have a few apps loaded but nothing big.
It is 189mb though so I am not sure what the best way to send it is.

Edit: This is everything from one "drive" the other seems to be locked or something.
You may need the locked one.

Last edited:

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
OK Mudknot I pulled the /system/ from my 7024. I don't see anything usable but who knows. There is no u-boot.bin in there. I suspect that would be on the ext4 partition on the internal sd card. PM me and let me know where you want it uploaded. With the 7024 hacking still in that very unstable risky department I think it be best not to have the files just floating around.

Asure

Aug 18, 2010
You don't need u-boot.bin. I was stating a warning that flashing 'ours' (dropad/herotab) would possibly kill your way to boot the tablet.
If you want to play with the tablet, take a closer look at the utscript stuff and scripts for the dropad firmware(s).

You should modify the scripts to a) not flash u-boot.bin and b) tar.gz up the (non-running) system including symlinks and stuff to your SD card..
The normal scripts erases your tablet including bootloader.. so edit it :)

Again, i don't own this kyros tablet, and Coby's refusal to release any and all GPL sourcecode, which they are required to do by law, simply keeps me from buying one, and doing _any_ development for it.
So i'm just offering these few pointers for the skilled and the brave. Good luck :)

Note, also, the u-boot.bin is in the nand area and not as a separate file on the device. You cannot possibly copy it by adb :)

sasquatch1972

Aug 16, 2011
Again, thank you Asure. It has been a crash course in tablet system layout :)

Guys, Be careful, i will give you some ideas how i bricked my MID1024
1. I managed to root it using superclickone.
2. I made it not usable by trying to install google market, it kept booting .
3. Half Solved by installing a V2.2 from here. https://rapidshare.com/#!download|480l34|8984038|Haipad_M7_322_rootable-7024keys.rar|97592|R~0

4. Half solved because no touch .

5. Tried a V2.3 from here...Gingerbread 2.3 no MID7024 *NOVA VERSÃO ~ Kyros Tablet Brasil... this bricked ( only blue lines running in screen ) ,

Look like the last version rewrote the phisical ROM. so now is a f.. brick.

My device is open , i already replaced internal SD , re format , etc,.,.. no luck. Any news i would appreciate the info.

Thanks in Advance.

Aug 4, 2011
А можно увидеть фотографии "внутренностей" планшета?
И что метод восстановления из кирпича не найден до сих пор?

Aug 4, 2011
And you can see photos of the "inner" tablet?
And that method of restoring from a brick has been found so far?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Guys, Be careful, i will give you some ideas how i bricked my MID1024
1. I managed to root it using superclickone.
2. I made it not usable by trying to install google market, it kept booting .
3. Half Solved by installing a V2.2 from here. https://rapidshare.com/#!download|480l34|8984038|Haipad_M7_322_rootable-7024keys.rar|97592|R~0

4. Half solved because no touch .

5. Tried a V2.3 from here...Gingerbread 2.3 no MID7024 *NOVA VERSÃO ~ Kyros Tablet Brasil... this bricked ( only blue lines running in screen ) ,

Look like the last version rewrote the phisical ROM. so now is a f.. brick.

My device is open , i already replaced internal SD , re format , etc,.,.. no luck. Any news i would appreciate the info.

Thanks in Advance.

The Haipad_M7_322_rootable-7024keys.rar use a modified UTSCRIPT so u-boot.bin was not replace. When you use other ROM you actually replaced yout u-boot.bin. That rom i also use the original 7024 files that was shared by Dave, thats why its really made for 7024.

Now the reason that rom will not work to your 1024 is because the Driver for touchscreen is different. Your 1024 uses a Capacitive screen while 7024/8024 is resistive.

If any other users of 1024 can give me a dmesg and their UTMODULE i can create a rom specifically for 1024.

crashangel

Aug 18, 2011
The Haipad_M7_322_rootable-7024keys.rar use a modified UTSCRIPT so u-boot.bin was not replace. When you use other ROM you actually replaced yout u-boot.bin. That rom i also use the original 7024 files that was shared by Dave, thats why its really made for 7024.

Now the reason that rom will not work to your 1024 is because the Driver for touchscreen is different. Your 1024 uses a Capacitive screen while 7024/8024 is resistive.

If any other users of 1024 can give me a dmesg and their UTMODULE i can create a rom specifically for 1024.

Hi, my dmesg in

kmsg - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

crashangel

Aug 18, 2011

Hello friend, I try to restore the Kyros1024 with a firmware HeroTab C8 disappeared and my tablet coby logo, the screen is all bad ...

I managed to root on this rom more do not know exactly which file to restore ...would be the boot.img??