[REQ][RECOVERY] Recovery Image for MID 7,8,1024

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
Would there be anyway to flash a bricked tablet without having to take the chip out and plug it into that do-hicky contraption? :confused:

I did call Coby on an off chance to see if they would be willing to help me since the tablet is only 2 weeks old...they said no. But hey I had to try. :cool:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I just changed the name of the zip file its good now Also I'll start a new thread for 1024 cause I pulled the system and I'll post that too.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I run Linux, so there should be no problem extracting them..are they partitions that need to be mounted? Guess I'll find out if you can get the file up.
Not sure how to answer your question I used the code [dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd* of=/sdcard/"which image I was pulling.img bs =4096] I pulled all five images and place them in a zip file I've downloaded everything to view these but I dont' have the knowledge:(

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I tried to download the file but Dropbox reports Error 404. not found.

I run Linux, so there should be no problem extracting them..are they partitions that need to be mounted? Guess I'll find out if you can get the file up.
Hey Spillb where you able to extract the files.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am trying to download it: first time the file seems to be corrupt, I am trying again, but after a while I get disconnected... =(

spillb

Jul 25, 2011
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I'm swamped with college homework.

I tried to mount the seperate image files in linux with no luck. I tried to mount them as EXTx file system's but they were not recognized as being any one of those.

But it looks like I can stop trying with Coby's firmware releases.

Sent from my Full Android using Android Tablet Forum

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I'm swamped with college homework.

I tried to mount the seperate image files in linux with no luck. I tried to mount them as EXTx file system's but they were not recognized as being any one of those.
But it looks like I can stop trying with Coby's firmware releases.

Thanks I guess I'll take the romdump files down since they aren't any good I'll try to dump straight from the tablet using the terminal app. I dumped those from windows7 using adb probably why you can't use them. Looks like they still could be useful since Coby's firmware update is cloudy.If you know the proer way to dump the rom I'll try that aswell just trying to learn

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
Ok so only 2 files were corrupt...they were the zimage files which I got from the other firmware 8024. Loaded it on the external SD and turned on the tablet...BAM! It WORKED! No more brick.

So I am sharing

mid_1024n_2011_05_24.rar

That is for MID1024...it worked for me!

spillb

Jul 25, 2011
Thanks I guess I'll take the romdump files down since they aren't any good I'll try to dump straight from the tablet using the terminal app. I dumped those from windows7 using adb probably why you can't use them. Looks like they still could be useful since Coby's firmware update is cloudy.If you know the proer way to dump the rom I'll try that aswell just trying to learn

Just guessing , but try the original dd command but dump to an sd card on the device, you maybe running into problems because your dumping through a usb cable thru adb and storing on the computers hd. Maybe thats why it times out on you. Im thinking it may not time out if the tablet is controlling the hardware that it is dumping to.

krishneelg3

Aug 29, 2011
go to Tablet Droid ive sucessfully found and extracted files from uberoid which boot autmatically rdited them and put in MID RECOVERY in aka MID CWM so after you install package power off device then hold power button and keep tappingon big circle button till it says MID WM POWERED BY ANDROID then your done.