Request: CM10 MID9742

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
Please.... :)

[rom] Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 for many AllWinner A10 tablets - xda-developers

This will boot, but screen orientation is upside down and the touch screen doesn't work, however, the wifi looked like it was on as the wifi icon was on the bottom right with no bars...

http://dragondevs.com/index.php?/to...od-10-for-allwinner-a10-with-compatibilities/

DO NOT USE A COMPATIBILITY PACK, NONE FULLY WORK FOR THE 9742. WE NEED TO BUILD OUR OWN COMPATIBILITY PACK. Some of the compatibility packs got wifi working, and accelerometers working, but none got touch working, and...

Edit: In fact, one of the compatibility packs will leave your touch screen useless unless you restore your dump. trust me, I tried them all one at a time. I never ran into a situation where restoring a backup from CWM recovery would not restore everything, but some of these compatibility packs mess with boot, not just with system/data/cache, and it somehow borks the touchscreen.

ALSO worth commenting, thanks to VampireFo: 9742 max system partition size is 252mb, continued flash of roms beyond that will cause permanent partition damage. Do not flash the gapps package in the link unless you are willing to accept this risk and brick your tablet.

Last edited:

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
I dirty flashed the rom plus gapps and only cleared dalvik cache, and it booted, but...screen orientation is upside down and the Wi-Fi, sensors & touch screen doesn't work.
I connected a USB mouse and was able to play around with it and install some apps, such as Quadrant. Seems hardware acceleration is working and the rom runs real smooth. I just need to figure out how to get the hardware working.

Last edited:

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
I dirty flashed the rom plus gapps and only cleared dalvik cache, and it booted, but...screen orientation is upside down and the touch screen doesn't work., however, the wifi looked like it was connected.
Since I couldn't unlock it, I couldn't test it further.

Check your build.prop and make sure that
ro.sf.hwrotation=180
This might fix the screen orientation.

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
Ok, well. The accelerometers, wifi, and touch screen aren't working. Sound is fine and the tablet runs great, so I just need to figure out what I need to do to make the rest of the hardware work as it should. I'm not 100%, but I think the hardware acceleration is working ok as the quadrant score was higher than with ics 404. The gapps I flashed was from ICS, but since there is no wifi, I couldnt test. I wish I could get some help on getting this going.

I tried reading up on it, but when I peer into what needs to be done to port it over, I run into brick walls of files missing that are supposed to be replaced from dump to new rom to get hardware working.

Last edited:

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
Bump...this will work, even with the gapps package. Total rom and gapps has a 300mb system partition requirement.

Edit: however, there are smaller compatible gapps packages we can use for our smaller partitions. who wants all the gapps in system anyway?

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Are you copying the apps themselves to /data/app in order to get them to work? /system is only 252MB, as you know.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I dirty flashed the rom plus gapps and only cleared dalvik cache, and it booted, but...screen orientation is upside down and the Wi-Fi, sensors & touch screen doesn't work.
I connected a USB mouse and was able to play around with it and install some apps, such as Quadrant. Seems hardware acceleration is working and the rom runs real smooth. I just need to figure out how to get the hardware working.

In your first post. you indicated that wifi was working initially. After flashing gapps, now it isn't. It is very possible the system partition is full as Traveller1701 mentioned. The standard size is 250mb.

In order to check this try this command: df -h. The list will show system partition size and use. There is a tiny gapps package specifically for cm10 you should be able to use.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
All the ICS and JB Google apps packages are supposed to be "tiny", which is why apps that used to be bundled with the package are now in the Play Store. What got stripped out of this package?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
My bad. I just checked a couple links and it looks like cm10 "tiny" gapps is 100meg. There must be a lot there cause the ics package is ~50meg.

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
Sorry about the wifi error, I assumed it was working because I saw the wifi icon, but I didn't have a wifi connection to test it with, so it wasn't a real verified post. I am following a guide rishabh.raj37 made on XDA to try and port this over by combining this cm10 rom and a working rom (vampirefo ported mobiz rom from somewhere else.) Vampirefo mentioned it will probably only work on the same OS versions, so I am probably overstepping my testing here, but if its worth trying to port CM9 & CM10
walkthrough: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908008

I am not a dev and only have a tester perspective on roms, but am excited to try this myself..or with some help. Wish us luck.

Ps, I am simply using the gapps package they included. If its a full package or not, I can't confirm because I've never seen a full gapps package, only the modified ones. I will take everyones word that this is modded and they excluded all apps that can be installed on data because it installed fine in recovery.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
did you check your system partition size (df command)? It states in the first post at the link you supplied not to flash gapps if you partition size is less than 300mb.

From the post:

"* !!! IMPORTANT !!! You need a /system partition of at least 300 MB or you have to avoid flashing gapps !!! IMPORTANT !!!"

If you can get the basic system working well, there are solutions to the small system part size like vampirefo's 8042 cm10.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
9742 max system is 252mb continued flash roms beyond that will causepermanent partition damage, this should be noted in first post, so people know they are being asked to install stuff beyond their tablet system size.
Anyway good luck.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I just flashed this on my 7042 and found 238meg out of 252 just with just the rom, no gapps. CT claims novo elf comatability, but I could not find it. Couldn't get the wifi to turn/stay on. It is a nice looking rom. Great boot ani-

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I just flashed this on my 7042 and found 238meg out of 252 just with just the rom, no gapps. CT claims novo elf comatability, but I could not find it. Couldn't get the wifi to turn/stay on. It is a nice looking rom. Great boot ani-
238 mb with no gapps sounds correct.

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
am I supposed to remove the extra stuff in the build.prop from the base build that is not in the port build.prop? the one from the mobiz rom has a bunch of duplicated/repeditive code and extras that are not in the cm10 rom... I just dont know if some of that is necessary tweaks or if its just garbage that wont matter...

let me post some all the ones in question... perhaps a dev can help? please...

ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0 (kernel related, Im guessing leave it out for incompatibility)
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=260 (sounds like either an expansion or limitation applied)
view.touch_slop=8 (WTF)
view.scroll_friction=0.008 (WTF)
debug.sf.hw=1 (no idea)
pm.sleep_mode=1 (forced sleep mode...incompatible?)
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1 (forced sleep mode...incompatible?)
debug.performance.tuning=1 (do we want to turn on debug for performance tuning?)
video.accelerate.hw=1 (forced hardware acceleration)
dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=150 (dont know what the lockprof is for)
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960 (forced tcp buffer size, but the wifi was slow with that rom..)
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960 (forced tcp buffer size, but the wifi was slow with that rom..)
ro.sf.hwrotation=180
ro.ui.fullscreen=false

#Bravia Engine
ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
persist.service.swiqi.enable=1
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

# Disable debugging notify icon on statusbar
persist.adb.notify=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

Wasan007 New TWEAKS

ro.sb.bk=0
ro.sb.vb=1

media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
media.stagefright.enable-record=false

ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true;*
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
persist.sys.use_dithering=1
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
mot.proximity.delay=150
ENFORCE_PROCESS_LIMIT=false
dalvik.vm.verify_bytecode=false
ro.mot.hw.HAC=1
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1

If I leave these tweaks in the build.prop, do I need to make sure any appropriate files are also in the rom?

I'm following this guide...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908008

Last edited: