Request: CM10 MID9742

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well, when manufacturers make revision changes, they often change serial numbers, revision codes, or other changes which are often visible on the box. However, I just found the box for my 9742 and noticed it doesn't have any unique product numbers on it, so nevermind.

Yes this is my point, one doesn't know what version of any tablet they have until the run tests on it. So far Coby has 2 to 3 versions of every of every tablet. Each are different that makes it hard to make one rom to work on every version.
A rom made for your version could brick the 252 system version.

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
ok, well, I guess I'm not ready to port CM10 yet. porting using the method Im following only works with matching release versions. I did however "mostly" port over Vampirefo's CM9. Everything is working freaken great, except for one detail, the damn touch screen calibration axis x & y are inverted, so I'm stuck there, with the touch screen pending. I have no idea how to correct that. I've been trying to do this...
[Yinlips M907] Help - Drivers touchscreen for custom rom - SlateDroid.com - Page 3

but the script doesnt run because its missing a file to execute the extraction of the file to be able to modify it. I dont know if its a file from adb or a file from livesuite...I'm lost. I was hoping to release a Christmas CM9 port for us 9742 owners, but at 4AM I gave up and passed out. Any ideas? how did vampirefo get the touchscreen drivers to work for his ported Mobiz v2 rom?

Edit: ok, so technically the screen is installed upside down, so its not the axis that actually inverted, its the whole dang screen, but visually speaking, they are inverted for the use of the device. There.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
...the screen is installed upside down, so its not the axis that actually inverted, its the whole dang screen...

Your link has some interesting info, but livesuite is very dangerous on coby tablets because there are no stock images available if something goes wrong.

You may be closer than you think. I don't have a 9742, but have read Traveller1701's postings about the screen = 180 in build.prop. You may want to check your stock build prop against the cm9 build prop.

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
thank you tpaine, I know. I didnt plan on using the livesuite parts, simply the extraction process to modify the files. I got CM9 to boot with everything working (except the front camera)...minus one minor detail... I cant figure out wtf I did to do this, but I cant get the orientation right in landscape mode, and no matter what side of the landscape orientation I put it on, it always flips upside down, so the only way to use the tablet is either in portrait mode, or to turn off screen rotation and always use it in landscape mode. I am stumped, I dont know enough about this to fix it yet.
also, I dont know what I need to to to allow CM9 to be able to do performance mods for processor speed.
oh, edit: touchscreen, wifi, sensors, working!

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
Vampirefo, I hate to bug you sir, but is there any chance you would be willing to share your porting methods?

Necrowakker

Sep 18, 2013
Sorry to Bring up an old Thread guys. but i'm trying to update a Tablet to pass on to my Nephew.

I have the Coby MID9742, and was reading through this site to try and get a version of CM10 on the Tab, ... i've been able to install the Rom @vampirefo recommends on this thread, (CM10_a10_20121208)

but i'm unsure on how to fix the issues with this rom.

the screen is turned 180' (do i change the build.prop file in the zip)? - before i flash?

and also I am unable to use the Touch screen. and the list of compatible tweak packs do not mention the Coby. how is it you guys got this Rom working with the 9742?

again sorry for the questions and bother. i hope someone can direct me.

Thank you.

Necro

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
There is no working cm10 for the 9742, at least none that has been posted here. One problem is that coby changes the hardware without changing model numbers or making revision changes to the model number. So we wind up with inverted screens or no touch. This thread is a request thread.

You can try the mobiz rom or the stock rom with googleplay. The stock rom with google play (ICS) works quite well.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Sorry to Bring up an old Thread guys. but i'm trying to update a Tablet to pass on to my Nephew.

I have the Coby MID9742, and was reading through this site to try and get a version of CM10 on the Tab, ... i've been able to install the Rom @vampirefo recommends on this thread, (CM10_a10_20121208)

but i'm unsure on how to fix the issues with this rom.

the screen is turned 180' (do i change the build.prop file in the zip)? - before i flash?

and also I am unable to use the Touch screen. and the list of compatible tweak packs do not mention the Coby. how is it you guys got this Rom working with the 9742?

again sorry for the questions and bother. i hope someone can direct me.

Thank you.

Necro

I never really recommended any cm10 rom for 9742, this thread was started by jcruckus, there is quite a bit of work to do to get cm10 to work properly on a Coby tablet, you have to rebuild the wifi modules and libs, you have to replace many libs, modules, and system files.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well I just downloaded cm10_a10_20130328.zip from [rom] CyanogenMod 10 Tweaks - SlateDroid.com ported to my 9740, as this tablet seems to get no use around my house, port went well, all but interal sdcard is smaller, so most likely need to edit vold.fstab to use micro sdcard as internal sdcard and all should be fine.

Code:
root@android:/ # busybox df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   407.1M     84.0K    407.0M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   407.1M         0    407.1M   0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs                   407.1M         0    407.1M   0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/nandd        503.9M    421.6M     82.4M  84% /system
/dev/block/nande          2.0G    165.3M      1.8G   8% /data
/dev/block/nandh        503.9M      8.4M    495.6M   2% /cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1
                          6.3G    881.7M      5.4G  14% /storage/sdcard1
/dev/block/vold/93:64