Research Tablet and App?

DanLCassel

Jun 7, 2013
I am looking to buy my first tablet and wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

I would like to be able to do something as close to real research with it as possible and simplify the note-taking and citation process. Is there an app that will automatically take highlighted text and notes and put them in a cataloged and cited document or folder?

I would like to be able to read a book, highlight a section and have that section be sent to a folder or document with the citation (MLA, APA, etc.) of the source automatically. Also, be able to take notes in the newly created document or on the original text itself and have it saved as well.

Does this exist already?

Which tablet would be best for this? (I am thinking the Samsung Note 8 but was wondering if there may be a less expensive option.)

Thanks

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Dan and welcome to the forum!
The galaxy note is an excellent choice for what you want to do. If you want to spend less, you could bet on a slightly used 10" on e bay...the galaxy note 10" has been on the market for a while so somebody is already selling it to get something else. Or if it's not to small for what you want to do, you could get the galaxy note 5.6", the phone/tablet.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!