Reset Coby Kyros MID8127 to Factory

Echoscreen

Jun 30, 2012
Hey folks,

Searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to this. I have a Kyros MID8127 tablet that was given to me with a passcode (swipecode) on it. I can't get into the Settings menu to restore it there, and have tried booting it into some sort of recovery mode with no luck. I can boot it into "Fastboot" mode and "FWDN" mode but both options just say to reset device or plug into USB. Plugging it to a PC via USB does nothing though. Any help with this?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
if root type
reboot recovery

from either adb or from terminal you need to su first in terminal.

example

su

reboot recovery

in recovery read the options given choose ones that say wipe, reset or restore.

Echoscreen

Jun 30, 2012
I do not have root on this device. I thought that there would be a generic factory reset like on most Android phones. Keep in mind I cannot do anything inside the OS since I cannot get past the swipe code screen.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
you need to get into recovery, I was posting options how to get there. other two options are fastboot and boot into recovery via key press. you say key press doesn't work so you need to use fastboot.

GavinKova

Dec 27, 2012
Hi
I tried to reset my tablet as well due to soft home button issue (lights up but doesn't do anything). I was able to get to system recovery menu but it says volume up and down to move and "enter button to select". Problem is that my MID8127 running Android 4.1.1 only has power button, volume buttons and three soft buttons. There is no enter button and none of the buttons works for select. So does anybody know how to select in recovery menu?

mikeR888hhh

Aug 17, 2015
Hi! I had a stock Coby mid8127 locked on the coby screen which could only go into the "fwdn" or "fastboot" screen by holding the volume button during reset. I installed the adb/fastboot as above and tried the universal usb driver with no luck- the "fastboot devices" command could not recognize it. then I installed "pdaNet" software and bam! It recognized as "? fastboot" .. then the "fastboot erase userdata" command worked and now this tablet works again. Thanks !!

Last edited: