Reset Password for Allwinner A13

NewbieMom

Feb 8, 2015
Did you ever get an answer to your question? My son has the same tablet and forgot his password. Performing the factory reset did not erase the password and he can't use it. It is not the type where you swipe but actually have to key in the password and hit return. I see the moderator moved your question to a different area in the forum but I can't find where the answer was ever posted. Help, please!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If it is still asking for any security it was not factory reset correctly. What had you tried?

NewbieMom

Feb 8, 2015
I performed the steps to factory reset the unit by pressing the Power button and the volume up button at the same time. It probably only erased all his games from the tablet but it definitely did not reset the password. This was done multiple times to no avail.

I contacted the seller who told me to hook up the tablet to my computer via USB and edit the DB file but when I do that my computer recognizes the tablet but won't let me edit anything and shows the "drive" as greyed out. The tablet itself does show on the face that it recognizes it is connected via USB. In fact it shows 2 usb incons on the tablet screen. It still wants a password.