Reseting MID-C-070A Amlogic - Please help

phantasm

Dec 23, 2011
The story so far:

I ordered 2 of these aPads from China.
The model is MID-C-070A

I was using both of them just fine until I decided to turn on the bluetooth on one of the devices.

I powered down the unit. When rebooting, it froze on the @mlogic screen and would not go any farther.

So I tried the Reset option. (hold down the main button and the power simultaneously) the Unit then says "upgrading... please wait" then boots to the @mlogic screen, and freezes right there.

I've tried a number of button combinations, letting the battery die down ...etc. to no avail.

I've searched a number of forums looking what to do.

I found one that reccommended WinImage to make an image of the Nand on the working tablet.
I've done this.

I then restored that image file to an sdcard via the working tablet via usb.

I tried the sdcard in the non working tablet. Nothing.

So I tried using ESExplorer to copy everything from the nand to the sdcard and tried that in the non working tablet. Nothing.

I now tried copying over the zip file from this forum and powered down the working tablet.

I tried the sdcard in the non working tablet. Nothing.

I now tried the working tablet. It must have been stuck in a file operation or something during shut down. It too is now not working.

Any solutions would be appreciated. I think a lot of us are having problems with these amlogic machines suddenly not working.

phantasm

Dec 23, 2011
Update:

I contacted Amlogic.

They basically said that they just provide SOC solution for MID and do not build final products.

Contact the manufacturer to get the firmware needed.

So, does anyone know who to contact?

The box just says iRobot 7" Touchscreen on it.

It was purchased from D***D***.com

miro669

Dec 29, 2011
Hi,

I had the same problem - my amlogic iRobot MID_C_070A got stuck at amlogic screen while booting.

Here is the solution that worked for me, NO WARRANTY of course.

1.) Charge the tablet for 2-3hours to get sure it has enough battery power.
2.) Let the charger plugged in.
3.) Get an empty, fat32 formatted sdcard.
4.) Unpack everything from this link Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe to the sdcard.
5.) Put the sdcard into the tablet.
6.) Press the big round button (home) and keep it pressed.
7.) Press the power button until the tablet starts while holding the home button still pressed.
8.) The tablet should start recovery mode - reinstalling and flashing - you should see text output on the screen.
9.) When flashing finishes, tablet reboots automatically.
10.) Remove sdcard after the tablet reboots, but before it start loading android.
11.) Change language to english - 11th setting from top with small A in the icon, then 1st from top.

This worked for me and my tablet is running again.
But the files are actually a compilation from the rom of one russian guy and the original aml_autoscript from amlogic.
Aml_autoscript is the key to erase the tablet, you can try another roms with it.
So NO WARRANTY if it works and how it works. But a running tablet is better than a hanging one.

phantasm

Dec 23, 2011
Thank You

The Boot Screen is different
I noticed the tablet is actually faster and the annoying Airplane Icon is finally gone.

Thanks again.

Please spread this information to all those that have this tablet.

amaranaeem

May 21, 2012
Hi miro669.
Can you please send that above mentioned link? Because its not working... I hv the same problem with my mid amlogic a9

reju

Apr 29, 2012
Hi miro669! I have the same problem and need a working ROM for this tablet. Can you please give a fresh link for downloading the ROM.
Thanks, Reju

galekaizer

Feb 22, 2013
Hi,

I had the same problem - my amlogic iRobot MID_C_070A got stuck at amlogic screen while booting.

Here is the solution that worked for me, NO WARRANTY of course.

1.) Charge the tablet for 2-3hours to get sure it has enough battery power.
2.) Let the charger plugged in.
3.) Get an empty, fat32 formatted sdcard.
4.) Unpack everything from this link Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe to the sdcard.
5.) Put the sdcard into the tablet.
6.) Press the big round button (home) and keep it pressed.
7.) Press the power button until the tablet starts while holding the home button still pressed.
8.) The tablet should start recovery mode - reinstalling and flashing - you should see text output on the screen.
9.) When flashing finishes, tablet reboots automatically.
10.) Remove sdcard after the tablet reboots, but before it start loading android.
11.) Change language to english - 11th setting from top with small A in the icon, then 1st from top.

This worked for me and my tablet is running again.
But the files are actually a compilation from the rom of one russian guy and the original aml_autoscript from amlogic.
Aml_autoscript is the key to erase the tablet, you can try another roms with it.
So NO WARRANTY if it works and how it works. But a running tablet is better than a hanging one.

can you upload or send me this file, i badly need it, thanks a lot

masterito

Mar 6, 2013
can you upload or send me this file, i badly need it, thanks a lot

Hi, i've same tablet too, if anybody can tell me how extract original firmware, i can send to you.

irobot amlogic based resistive touchscreen bluetooth hdmi android 2.2 no camera.