"Restore" Development options in 3245

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Like many of you, I have upgraded my tablet to the rockin' 3245 firmware and rooted it with UniversalAndroot. My tablet, though, has no functional GPS (that I can see), so I usually have mock locations enabled so it can use either my default location on Google Maps or I can use one of several location spoofing apps from the Android Market. With 3245 locking out the "Development" options, however, this was impossible and it thought I was somewhere in China (no offense to China, but it doesn't help me at all). It was making me mad and I wasted 2-3 hours last night trying to hack the properties. Then, after a little sleep, it dawned on me what to try and it worked! Here are the steps I took, but you might be able to do it with other launchers, I'm not sure:

1. With LauncherPro installed & running (use something like "Home Switcher" to run LauncherPro w/o making it the default if you like), long tap on a blank area of a home screen to bring up the "add" menu
  2. Tap "Shortcuts"
  3. Scroll down & tap "Activities"
  4. (A blank screen may appear for 20+ seconds while it builds your list of available apps and activities they make available)
  5. Scroll down to "Settings" and tap to expand it
  6. Find "Development" and tap it (note: the list under "Settings" is NOT alphabetical, so keep scrolling until you find "Development")
  7. Name the shortcut whatever you like (or leave it as "Development") and tap OK
  8. Viola! Tap the new icon, turn on any of the three options you want and reboot for confirmation that they "stick"

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Omg... is that really the solution? I feel dumn lol.

I guess its not dissabled then, its just hidden

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
So z4root is still useable then? If this is the case

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
I haven't tested z4root yet but I'll try that later. I do know that Maps now places me at my default Google Maps location thanks to "mock locations."

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Just did a fresh 3245 install and can confirm that z4root worked after using my process in #1.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good to know
Thank you

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

justfor

Mar 14, 2011
Dear all,
is the described option really working ?
I simply did not(!) get the development option shown.

What i have done:
I have tried it on my flytouch2 with ROM3245 and with two different Launchers.
Settings are ok and are shown, but there was no Development on the screen.
I checked it also with english language, as my primary language is german - it did not show up.

I tried also the other option with echo 1 > /data/property/persist.service.adb.enable
Still not working.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot!

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
My process does not make the option appear in "Settings," but it creates a direct shortcut to the otherwise hidden options.

justfor

Mar 14, 2011
Dear compupane,
Uups - I realized now my misunderstanding after re-reading your description.
First select Activities and then select Settings.
Your description in the first post was and is perfect.
Thanks a lot