Return Authorization Number

Caryanne2

Jun 2, 2011
I'm having problems with the microphone in my Iconia A500, it's gone as far as giving me an "Audio Problem" message when I try to do like a google voice search. Not good. Called Acer, they said send it back, we'll get it back to you in 2-3 weeks. Called best buy where I bought it, they said Acer should have given me a Return Authorization Number. Apparently that allows me to bring my broken tablet to Best Buy, get a replacement from Best Buy, and then Best Buy will ship the A500 back to Acer. Sounds like best case scenario and how customer service should be. Called Acer back asking for the Return Authorization Number, they had never heard of it and directed me back through level two support and no one has any idea what that means. Has anyone else had to return their tablet for fixing? They're supposed to replace the motherboard in my tablet.....if it comes back with any scratches or dents on the screen or casing, I'm not going to be a happy camper...

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
Tell them you need an RMA# because you need your tablet shipped to Acer's repair center. I don't think there is one company in the world that doesn't know what an RMA is.

Caryanne2

Jun 2, 2011
RMA and Return Authorization numbers are the same thing?! I have an RMA number on the email from Acer that tells me where and how to ship my tablet back to them. I'm going to head to Best Buy right now with this number and see how things go. And if it works....well, MrBlazito you just made my day. I'll let you know how to goes....

Caryanne2

Jun 2, 2011
So, Best Buy customer service was no help at all. They said no way to me getting a new tablet, it wasn't possible. Then I went back to the computer/tablet section and asked them for help. They went around the system and got me a new tablet. Yay! From what I can tell the microphone works alot better but there's lots of feedback/static. It works on the native apps, like the recorder and on the voice search now at least. But on the test call on skype it was difficult to hear anything because of the static. Maybe it was how I was holding it or something, I don't know, I'm going to try other voice apps later and hopefully that works. But at least I have a new tablet and if its still a problem, its most likely software relates and therefore more fixable....

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum