Return my ASUS TF300T?

Fairhope

Aug 8, 2012
I am seriously considering returning my 10.1 tablet and perhaps getting a Kindle Fire. Any advice or suggestions? Reason why is that I am having hard time getting apps to download and install correctly. And my ASUS has stopped rotating the display, which I find annoying. Yes, I have checked the settings and it is supposed to rotate.
Am thinking I paid too much ($398) for something I don't really need.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My question would be why? If you're looking at downsizing in abilities and screen format then it's a personal choice. I'm not comfortable suggesting you do it or not.

MacRae

Aug 7, 2012
Well, if you bit off more than you want to chew, returning what sounds like a defective unit will give you the chance to down-size, for sure! I guess I'd suggest you write down your new "needs list" and find something that fits the bill.

Fairhope

Aug 8, 2012
You are both right. I'm just a confused newbie and it seems simpler to just go back to the starting point.

MacRae

Aug 7, 2012
Don't give up, now! If money's not the issue, why not get a one-for-one replacement and hang onto it for a while? Learn it at your own pace. Who's timing you? ;) Shoot, there are three book readers on it...find one you like and just read for a while. Add an e-mail account. Load up your calendar. You might be teaching all of us something before you know it. ;)
Good luck, whatever you do!

Mac

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You are both right. I'm just a confused newbie and it seems simpler to just go back to the starting point.

You need to have a reason to take a step back, which you would be doing if you went with the Kindle. If you have a reason, and I'm not saying you don't, then go for it. One reason I can think of is that you want/need a different screen size.

Personally I wouldn't make the switch but that's just me.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
One reason I can think of is that you want/need a different screen size.

Another would be to solve the problem of "having hard time getting apps to download and install correctly". That was the main reason Amazon came out with the Kindle Fire, so folks could easily download their products.

Fairhope

Aug 8, 2012
I guess I should sleep on it, so will just wait and see...thanks for all the input! :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Another would be to solve the problem of "having hard time getting apps to download and install correctly". That was the main reason Amazon came out with the Kindle Fire, so folks could easily download their products.

While that's true, I have no problem downloading Amazon apps on a Transformer or my Google phone. So the statement could be turned into Amazon "pushing" their apps. And I have no problem with that at all.

Fairhope

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks for all the encouragement!

So far have decided to keep my TF300T. Learning more about how to use it everyday, thanks to this site! Am envious now of the new Samsung Note that does handwriting notes that are stored as text. I have download a number of 'note taking' apps, wanted one that I could handwrite instead of typing. Finally found "Note Free' and after some adjusting I can use it, but it doesn't store as text. And it's hard to read my writing on it. If anyone knows of a good one that fits the handwriting bill please advise.