Returning this Tablet

ChrisJackson

May 16, 2012
I am sending this tablet back to Amazon. While I like the potential of the tablet, it has really became unusable. After rooting, the device freezes constantly and reboots so much I can't even use the tablet. I have also got the dreaded "Encryption Failed" error a few times which means you loose everything on your device. I know it is a budget tablet, but I want something I can use. I have ordered the Innovatek Innosoul $99 Innovatek InnoSoul 7″ Android 4.0 Tablet | The eBook Reader Blog - eReader and Tablet Reviews and News. Judging by this review as well as this one First Impressions of the Innovatek InnoSoul Android Tablet - The Digital Reader it appears to be a good tablet, with a little better specs than the Kyros. Another plus is that it comes pre-rooted, so I don't have to mess with rooting and installing everything. It is a cheapo brand, but it may just be a bargain.

What you guys think? I gave this tablet 2 weeks but it just has become unusable. Tired of having to reflash the rom and deal with the constant resets.

I should get the Innovatek next week. I will review after taht.

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
perhaps you should read the comments
it does technically have a A10 cpu, however if you try to move it past 1ghz the tablet will crash, no one can seem to get it past that to the claimed 1.5ghz
and half the ram on top of that

what version do you have right now (7042, 8042, 9742, ect...) the rom (which is in beta) is causing all these problems
Im not have problems with mine like a ton of other people are having, rarely I get a crash (most likely from the custom rom)

Crue

Apr 11, 2012
Yea I haven't had any real problems with mine after root. Seemed to work fine in all apps that I was using including games. The only problem I did have was with the HDMI port never worked correctly. I had the tablet replaced for this reason and the new one works fine. We also ordered 4 more of these tablets and I have rooted and loaded the beta rom on them. They all work fine.

I forsee you may have some of the same issues with the Innovatek tablet. You will resort to finding a support forum and loading custom roms in the long run. If you want a tablet this is ready out of box, I would suggest you spend a little more money and go with one of the major players (Apple, Samsung, etc.)

RedDeer

May 3, 2012
I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to return my MID9742
I purchased my MID9742 and was really happy with my purchase. I got a full sized Android 4.0 tablet for half the price of the Samsung Tab2 10.
I really enjoyed working with @Steev and the many other helpful posters who helped make the custom ROMS for 7042 then 9742 a success.
I also enjoyed helping others in need of help to resolve their problems.

As time has gone by, I have determined that the weak spot (Achilles heal) of the MID9742 is the Volume Button.
A lot depends on a well functioning Volume button, including flashing, the system recovery utility, as well as regular volume functions.
Some of the difficulty people experience while attempting to flash is the result if the poor placement and poor electrical conductivity of the Volume button at times.
As time has gone by, I notice that the volume button does not work within certain apps at times (had to leave the app to adjust the volume)
and the final straw came when I realized that the Volume button Stopped working to move between the menu option in the system recovery utility.
(Power Off ::: First Hold Vol+ and Back buttons . then Press Hold the Power button until the Green Android Appears). then hit back button)

I think that the Volume button functionality deteriorates over time until it will be non-functional one day. And you will be funked.

I also believe that Coby made a big mistake in the design and placement of all the MID9742 buttons (Volume / Back / Power)
Depending on your finger size, these buttons can be hard to find and press at times.

So, I feel the I must warn others with time left to return their MID9742 tabs to get out before they realize what I say is true.
When the Volume Button goes bad, you will be SOL. Get out now while you still can.
Just contact your seller before the last day of your return period and request a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization).

For those who doubt me, remember that I was happy before I noticed the problems. My MID9742 worked great until the volume button started to deteriorate.
Sorry for the bad news. I would feel bad if I didn't share my experience that couls help someone else before it's too late.
Good luck to those who haven't experienced that problems yet, or can not return their units.

Sorry!

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Interesting, I just wonder if your tablet is just another victim of livesuite, anyway best of luck to you.

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
I'm upgrading from a 7042 to an Acer a500.

Last edited by a moderator: