Reversing 700MB SD card back to 1GB.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
...crumbs I think I busted the 1mb card. I thought I successfully wrote the froyo image to the card, but it didn't work. And when I tried to look at it again in either Winhex or the HP USB prog, neither recognise the card any more ...

:-(

Mar 20, 2011
ok you need to do this in three stages to recover your card:

you will need:

* at least 2X microSD card readers (usb)
* a second SD card
* a computer running win 7
* HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

stage 1:

* use your working SD card and make sure both card readers function
* place BOTH readers in there USB slots and confirm drive letters (eg: drive c-d-e etc.)
* backup your functioning sd cards data

Stage 2:

* place your known working SD card in drive A and perform a format using Windows top FAT32
* place your non functioning drive in reader B wait for command prompt to format (do nothing at this stage)
* boot HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool with admin privilages

Stage 3:

* you now have two readers and two drive letters associated with them
* using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool locate the working SD card's drive
* format the card using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to FAT32
* when complete quickly remove the card and swap it with the non functional card
* ignore windows prompts and using the same drive letter but different card use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
* with a little luck your broken SD card will now start to format back to its original size

this can be done with a single card reader but is much more of a pain in the ass

if this fails follow stages 2-3 again, if that fails move on to MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition (google it and download the free version) and have it work its magic on your cards partitions.

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Try the freebie Minitool partition wizard home edition v5.2. It works on usb flashdrives, may work on sd's.

Mar 20, 2011
ain't got Win7 so kinda stuck at the 1st hurdle :-(

you could attempt this with your current OS but i can only confirm functionality with Win7 at this time, i cant see why it wouldnt work.

after all its better to try and fail than not try at all