[Review] Aoson M19

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg$4.jpg $5.jpg
Just last week I was slating Sanei for not combining all the high-tech hardware they’ve managed to engineer into their many tablets and now Aoson have come up with a solution. Easily the best tablet we’ve tested. Only thing it doesn’t have is GPS, but when you’ve got 3G anywhere who cares.

For some reason it seems to function more smoothly than any other tablet despite have identical hardware to all the rest (RK3066, Mali400, 1GB DDR3). It feels great to hold, heavy enough to tell you it’s a quality product and it comes with a mock-leather travel case, which is nice.

Also, they’ve managed to fit a standard USB port into the frame without it looking ridiculous. Even without the SIM card you would be able to surf the net with a keyboard still attached via the second USB, and with the SIM slot you could add a mouse or game controller or mass storage etc etc.

The downsides... They aren’t that many. As I mentioned no GPS, iPlayer doesn’t work, some firmware please Aoson. The 7inch Aoson M71G we tested a few days ago was compatible, why isn’t this?

The wifi is also weak, even next to our HomeHub it was only 2-3/4 bars full. We hypothesise this is due to the metal casing. However normally this would be a major concern but you have 3G support here so you’ll probably be on your network most of the time, unless you’re at home and near your wifi. Weak wifi is probably far more of a burden for those using clouds or hotspots etc.

Anyway you can see I had no trouble downloading a bunch of apps (see pic) and you won’t notice a difference in speed, it’s only because the OS reports 3 bars that you’ll know so it could be a slight software issue in truth.

Also, it’s only running ice cream sandwich, but it works really well so why fix what’s not broke. For people looking for a real alternative to the iPad this is it for the next few months.

To find any real problem with this tablet it would need a proper user review for a good 2-3 weeks use I think; its breezed through all the hoops we have time to make it jump through.

Here's the spec:
Spec
Model
Aoson M19
Operating System
Display
9.7 inch IPS capacitive
Resolution
1024 x 768 px
CPU
RK3066 1.6GHz dual-core
GPU
Mali 400
RAM
1GB DDR3
ROM
16GB
Camera
dual cameras, front 0.3mp back 2.0mp
WiFi
802.11 b/g/n
3G
via SIM Card Slot or Dongle
Microphone
Yes
G-sensor
Yes
Bluetooth
Yes
HDMI
Yes
GPS
No
Flash
Flash 11
Android Market
Yes
3D Gaming
Yes
Connectivity
To PC
via USB or USB Micro
To 3G
via SIM Card or Dongle
To HD Device
via HDMI Mini
To External Storage
via USB or USB Micro
Power
Battery
6000mah
Working Time
4-5 Hours
Power Device
AC Adapter
Appearance
Color
Black
Dimensions
239 x 184 x 9.5 mm
Net Weight
600g
Aditional Info
Ports
1 x DC Jack
1 x Micro USB (Type B)
1 x Earphone Jack
1 x Micro SD Card Slot
1 x HDMI Mini
1 x SIM Card Slot
1 x USB Standard
What's in the box
1 x Aoson M19
1 x AC Charger
1 x USB Micro Cable (Type B)
1 x Earphones
1 x Manual
1 x Leather Pouch

Here's the apps:
App
Google Play store
INSTALLED
Google Maps
INSTALLED
Youtube
YES
Facebook
YES
Twitter
YES
Whatsapp
NO
MSN
YES
Viber
NO
Tango
YES
iPlayer/BBC Media
NO
SkyGo
NO
ITV Player
YES
4od
WEBSITE
Netflix
YES
TV Catchup
YES
Angry Birds
YES
eBay
YES

Here's our listing: AOSON M19 3G 9.7 INCH ANDROID 4.0 ICS TABLET RK3066 MALI 400

...as always please correct me and add if you are a user I really want to know how well this one does in the 'real world', thanks.

Last edited: