[Review] Matricom G-Tab Quantum

altacucker

Sep 18, 2011
Nobody seems to be talking about the Matricom G-Tab Quantum. I think this is a great tablet. It is a quad core and has a great screen and has performed very well for me. I managed to steal it from Amazon for a mere $159.00 with free shipping and no tax. I'm disappointed that there is no mention of it on this forum whatsoever. It has a 10.1 inch screen and the battery has never failed me even after almost two solid hours of use. It came with Android 4.2 and a lot of free apps. It has an 8 gig internal hard drive and accepts a 32 Gigabyte SD card. I have noting to gain by posting this and I'm just curious. Doesn't anybody here have one?

jason_collett

Dec 1, 2013
I have a Matricom gtab quantum for about two weeks now and it seems like a really solid tablet. So far only complaint is while playing plants vs zombies couldn't pinch zombies. I think itis a sensitivity problem with the touch screen. However this is the only place I have experienced this so who knows.

hsintegrity

Dec 22, 2013
i was just given one as a gift. I've read lots of reviews on Amazon. I am enjoying my tablet. My challenges have been finding a cover with a Bluetooth keyboard that will work for my tablet. I have a Bluetooth KB that the tablet would not connect to. I also could not pair with either one of our cell phones. The tablet discovered the KB and the phones but connection failed. I'm wondering if this is a flaw in my tablet. I've read good reviews about the Bluetooth. It works great with WIFI. I get that the camera isn't ideal but it takes pictures even if they are a bit grainy. The photo editing software on the tablet is very interesting. I would like to see Matricom develop more educational media on this device and develop a good tablet case. Hopefully the one I purchased (Aerb) will work.

brogrimm

Apr 21, 2014
I recently got a Matricom G-tab Quantum 10tm and noticed that the wireless isn't as good as the Acer A500 tablet. Also odd is that when downloading certain games such as Terraria the screen is large and not high-resolution resulting in downright ugly graphics. It appears as though it's installing the phone version of the game instead of a tablet version. Any ideas?

Mrs.Truss

Jul 9, 2014
Nobody seems to be talking about the Matricom G-Tab Quantum. I think this is a great tablet. It is a quad core and has a great screen and has performed very well for me. I managed to steal it from Amazon for a mere $159.00 with free shipping and no tax. I'm disappointed that there is no mention of it on this forum whatsoever. It has a 10.1 inch screen and the battery has never failed me even after almost two solid hours of use. It came with Android 4.2 and a lot of free apps. It has an 8 gig internal hard drive and accepts a 32 Gigabyte SD card. I have noting to gain by posting this and I'm just curious. Doesn't anybody here have one?

I have the gtab quantum also, i love this tablet its great i got mine for 179.00. I would recommend it to anyone.

craigwp

Jul 1, 2014
i was just given one as a gift. I've read lots of reviews on Amazon. I am enjoying my tablet. My challenges have been finding a cover with a Bluetooth keyboard that will work for my tablet. I have a Bluetooth KB that the tablet would not connect to. I also could not pair with either one of our cell phones. The tablet discovered the KB and the phones but connection failed. I'm wondering if this is a flaw in my tablet. I've read good reviews about the Bluetooth. It works great with WIFI. I get that the camera isn't ideal but it takes pictures even if they are a bit grainy. The photo editing software on the tablet is very interesting. I would like to see Matricom develop more educational media on this device and develop a good tablet case. Hopefully the one I purchased (Aerb) will work.

I am looking for a case and keyboard for my g-tab quantum as well. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks

nuyucaides

Oct 4, 2014
same to me,I would like to see Matricom develop more educational media on this device and develop a good tablet case. Hopefully the one I purchased (Aerb) will work.thanks
pLGLz1

flagrand

Jun 11, 2014
I got mine for $175 and have loved learning how to use Android on it. I was, heretofore, solely a PC gal. :) I use it every day to play Hay Day while I eat my breakfast, and play solitaire during commercials in the evenings. It has a beautiful screen. Someone mentioned the grainy photos -- they are super-grainy in lower light, but if you get in super-bright light, they are pretty nice quality. I'm still happy with the purchase.

I do have a QUESTION though: does anyone have a favorite brand or suggested brand of affordable 32-gig SD card to put in the quantum? I don't want to buy the wrong one (or is that even possible, I'm still learning) and have to send it back. Thank you so much for any help you may give in this arena!! :)

loiraida

Dec 11, 2014
My G pad has a message that the SD is not mounted. Could someone explain? I install a 32 micro SD to expand memory and thought by just installing it would go. What does that mean?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It may mean you haven't pushed the card in far enough to cause it to latch.

securitywyrm

Jan 14, 2017
The tablet is absolute garbage. It's supposed to have an 8gb internal. Check the storage: it actually has a .99 system partition and a 4gb data partition. Oh and there's no way in the system to install things to that 4gb partition, and about 700 megabytes is taken up by the system files. So you'll have 200 megabytes for all your apps., Oh but wait, it gets better. The system needs to use that space for installing files, so once you fill up to 100 megabytes free, apps no longer have enough room to install.

So this "8 GB" tablet has all of 100 megabytes for your apps. DO NOT BUY. THE TABLET IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY THE COMPANY. THEY DON'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THEY EVER MADE IT.

LILOUBAE

Jun 29, 2019
inch screen and the battery has never failed me even after almost two solid hours of use. It came with Android 4.2 and a lot of free apps. It has an 8 gig internal hard drive and accepts a 32 Gigabyte SD card. I have noting to gain by posting this and I'm just curious. Doesn't anybody here have one?